QCX WARC Party

ON7DQ Luc

Tomorrow; June 14th, it's the QCX Party on the WARC bands ...
see https://www.qrp-labs.com/qcxmini/qcxwarc.html

WX looks very good here, so I'll probably be at the beach for the 1300Z session, I'll try to set up my QCX mini with an EFHW.
I'll have no internet, so find me with RBN, and if you hear me ...call me ;-)

In the 1900Z session, I'll be operating at home on 30m (with a QCX 20m) and on 60m (with a QCX 40m).

In two weeks time , June 28, it's the regular QCX Challenge.

GL es 73,
Luc ON7DQ

Martin DK3UW

I will be at the 13:00 session but miss the rest.  Maybe 17 m is open.

CU

Martin

Martin DK3UW

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 01:47 AM, Martin DK3UW wrote:
I will be at the 13:00 session but miss the rest.  Maybe 17 m is open.

CU

Martin

Martin DK3UW

No QCX worked.

Heard Zdenek but was too weak for  a QSO on 30 m. " QSO's on 30 m however and one on 17 m

Martin

Daniel Conklin

Wish I could join the QSO party, but it's during working hours.

--
73, Dan - W2DLC

Zdenek OK2BQN

Hi Daniel,
the conditions were very bad. We probably wouldn't hear.
73
Zdenek

Peter GM0EUL

I was on for the 1300z session with my 20m QCX re-set for 30m and working pretty well, putting out about 3 or 4 watts to a dipole.  I had a couple of nice and quite long qsos first with John, G3SZG near Worcester running an ic7300.  Then Dave M3PMG in Hull also running a QCX.  Decent signals both ways, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the 20m QCX works on 30m.

73

Peter GM0EUL

CWops 1899. FISTS 18888, SKCC 16307T, GQRP 15056

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 15:52, Zdenek OK2BQN <ok2bqn@...> wrote:
Hi Daniel,
the conditions were very bad. We probably wouldn't hear.
73
Zdenek

John Pagett G4YTJ

Two QSOs on 30m in the 1900z session tonight, running about 4 Watts from an original QCX.
Zdenek OK2BQN with a QCX, and Harry DL6LV (Not QCX)

Luc was too weak to copy, as was IW2HTH.

John
G4YTJ

ON7DQ Luc

Hi folks,

My 1300 session at the beach ;-)
For a change, I used my QCX Mini on the band it was built for (hi), so on 17m
Antenna a EFHW with a matching "Mini" Fuchs tuner, see picture.
The highest point was 3.2m above the sand, the low end tied to our beach tent, at abt. 1m above ground. A big crocodile clip on the BNC of the Fuchs tuner, with 4m counterpoise, hanging over the tent. A 1m BNC test cord as a coax.  Battery  12V.
Called CQ for half of the time, nil results ...
Then started tuning around, and heard NY2PO with good signals and called him once, never thinking he would hear me ... but he did !
I got a 319 from Pat, very nice. He is also an SKCC member, but not using a straight key at the time.
A bit later I heard Greg W1GF, also an SKCC'er) call CQ, and encouraged by the previous QSO, I called him, and he heard me as well, and I got a nice 559, great !
At 1359 I had one more 599 QSO with YU51ANO.
So 3 QSO's in total, but no QCX.

1900Z
Lots of CQ'ing on 30m with an unmodified QCX-20, PWR 5W into 33m LW.
Only could work Zdenek OK2BQN, also using a QCX at 5W.
Then moved to 60m (with QCX 40m), also 5W into LW.
Had a nice QSO with Pete G4IOA , real 599 both ways (using 20W, no QCX).

All in all a nice day
73,
Luc ON7DQ