QRX 40m Op-AMP LM4562NA Replacement Part Number #qcx40 #opamp

K4ARP

Building the QRX 40 meter and put one of the LM4562NA chips in the wrong spot.
The board lets you slip the pins just a bit left and into on of the resistor holes.
My bad for not checking placement better before soldering it in.
Destroyed the chip trying to remove it. The board looks OK.

On Digi-Key I am trying to find the correct part number to order a few replacements.
I am new to this kit building and there are a sea of these op-amp with close, but not the exact LM4562NA part number.

Would someone help me out with the correct PN please?

Also, if there is a file, list, etc... that is available with part numbers for all the components for the build from Digi-Key, or other supplier that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
K4ARP - Dave

David

Hi Dave, Guess you mean the QCX.  What I would do is get some NE5532 ics from eBay.  There are a number of sellers on eBay in the States and they are very cheap and include a socket. If you search NE5532 on this forum you will find it is a recommended replacement for the LM4562. Good luck.
73 Dave M3PMG

Jim Mcilroy

On 16/03/2021 19:23, K4ARP wrote:
Building the QRX 40 meter and put one of the LM4562NA chips in the wrong spot.
The board lets you slip the pins just a bit left and into on of the resistor holes.
My bad for not checking placement better before soldering it in.
Destroyed the chip trying to remove it. The board looks OK.

On Digi-Key I am trying to find the correct part number to order a few replacements.
I am new to this kit building and there are a sea of these op-amp with close, but not the exact LM4562NA part number.

Would someone help me out with the correct PN please?

Also, if there is a file, list, etc... that is available with part numbers for all the components for the build from Digi-Key, or other supplier that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
K4ARP - Dave

ron.peterson338@...

Try this DigiKey number:

296-43962-5-ND

mike/w1mt

Because of it's usage as part of the QSD in the QCX, only replace with a genuine 4562 chip. You can substitute the OPA227's with the 5532's with the only problem being increased current usage. I have used part number LM4562MAX/NOPB when buying from Mouser. The important thing is to get a SOIC-8 package.

mike/w1mt