QCX+ building

dmcferran5@...

Hello All,
I have just started to build my new 20m QCX+ kit and have a query about the windings on T1 which I hope some kind member can resolve. I have completed the windings and have fitted the 8 leads into the board, and have checked the DC continuation between points 1-2, 5-6, 3-4, and 7-8 ( ie. the 3 sec. and 1 prim.windings) ,these are connected OK.
HOWEVER, I also get DC between point 3 and 1 and 2, which I don't think should happen from my fairly limited circuit reading abilities. Before proceeding with the rest of the board I obviously must get this sorted so if anyone could set me straight on this I would appreciate it.

David.

howard winwood G4GPF

Look at the circuit diagram and you will see that there is an earth connection at one end of each winding so you will see continuity between the two windings.
T! is the most difficult part of the build, so long as you have the right wires in the right holes and the windings are in phase (as they should be if you follow the instructions) then all should be ok.
Hope the rest of the build goes ok, after some doubts about T1 mine powered up and tuned up correctly.
What a fantastic kit, Hans should be proud.

On 2 Mar 2021, at 10:45, dmcferran5@... wrote:

Hello All,
I have just started to build my new 20m QCX+ kit and have a query about the windings on T1 which I hope some kind member can resolve. I have completed the windings and have fitted the 8 leads into the board, and have checked the DC continuation between points 1-2, 5-6, 3-4, and 7-8 ( ie. the 3 sec. and 1 prim.windings) ,these are connected OK.
HOWEVER, I also get DC between point 3 and 1 and 2, which I don't think should happen from my fairly limited circuit reading abilities. Before proceeding with the rest of the board I obviously must get this sorted so if anyone could set me straight on this I would appreciate it.

David.

dmcferran5@...

Yes I can see that now Howard, I missed the earth connection from the primary winding so I can now proceed with the kit, many thanks for that. It does look like a great kit and if the device itself is as good as the Manuals it will be excellent.
David.

howard winwood G4GPF

No problem David.It is as good as the manual so enjoy.

Howard G4GPF