Volume control part number for QCX classic? #qcx #parts

Jim AJ8S

Can someone please tell me the part number for the QCX volume control? One of mine has failed.

Thanks, 73, Jim AJ8S

Brian N7BKV

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 03:17 AM, Jim AJ8S wrote:
QCX volume control
Hi Jim

No part number really needed.  It is a 5K pot with a 20mm shaft.  Check Jameco, Mouser, or Digi-Key.  I tried to find out same when I had to replace one as well.  Was just easier to get the part by the specs from the usual sources.  BTW, if you are remote mounting, go for the bigger and more durable one.  The one with the QCX is quite tiny and does not last long in my experience.  Check my Zed page for pics of 20M QCX Classic with remote wired controls.  You can see how big the pot is that I installed.  I went for a longer shaft as well.  Had to accommodate the wood enclosure thickness.

My two cents, FWIW.

Brian N
N7BKV