From Hans:

1.07a now uses a triple-click of the left button, to toggle the backlight on/off. I was able to implement this firmware feature without increasing the Flash storage requirement, in other words, I managed to squeeze it in. However, Menu 7.1 "Dbl click" defaults to 300 milliseconds. By default you therefore have to triple-tap the left button, within 300 milliseconds. It can be done but you probably have to be a computer game addict to be able to hit the button three times in 0.3 seconds. Therefore if you want to use the triple-tap backlight toggle feature, you need to increase the 7.1 value. Try 500 milliseconds for example. This does make the firmware necessarily slower to respond to a single or double tap because it has to wait 0.5 seconds to see if you are going to hit it a third time. But in practice this slower response is not really noticeable or objectionable.

Mike

WM4B

From: QRPLabs@groups.io [mailto:QRPLabs@groups.io] On Behalf Of g4edg via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2020 3:19 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: [QRPLabs] QCX mini back-light problem

QCX mini up and running but the back-light function doesn't seem to work correctly. It can be turned on and off in the menu.... So the electronics are working correctly. If I try to toggle the back-light by double clicking the encoder push button... No result, other functions on this button work properly.
Firmware version 1.7a

Any ideas?

Steve G4EDG

Mike Besemer - WM4B

Here’s a link to the entire message:

https://groups.io/g/QRPLabs/message/58387?

[...]

Jim Sheldon

Just tried this and it does not seem to work.  Double click set to 500 msec but quick triple tap does nothing.  Backlight has to be turned off/on bu the menu command on mine and mine has the 1.07a firmware chip.

Jim, W0EB

[...]

OOPS.  I was using the encoder button not the left button.  My bad.  Triple click of the LEFT button works as advertised!

Jim

On Dec 24, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim – Confirm that you’re triple-tapping the LEFT button?

Mike

WM4B

[...]

LOL!  Merry Christmas, Jim!

Mike

WM4B

[...]

Yes, the LEFT button.  I misread the original post and (assumed) Encoder button.  Must still be on the high of getting 5.3 watts out of mine at 13.8V without any further alignment after replacing the transistor (Q6) I broke during construction and actually making a QSO with it.  It only gets better from here.

Jim