Wind and install toroids - the right way! #toroid #alignment

Wolfgang OE1MWW

Hi all,

Just in case you started to build your QCX+ or QCXmini: the number of turns for the coils
are given in the manual and I wound as described. I checked with a precision meter - they
all need to be spread around 3/4 to 4/5 around the core. In this case they will have the
required inductance for further fine tuning.

Tight, wire side by wire, will result in higher inductance and maybe low power output and other quirks.

73's de OE1MWW
Wolfgang

Dave MM0HVW

Wolfgang, thank you for producing this article.

Also adhering to the specified turns spacied over 4/5 of the toroid, Verified the inductance using either PEAK LCR meter and SDR Kits FA-VA5 in LCR mode that a fairly accurate inductance value to specified in the respective build instructions can be achieved.

I have had issues, all have been my own fault, caused by rushing the build,  not following instructions , incorrect component or its placement
Now ensure the correct version of the manual are instructions are followed to the letter, in doing so, my last four builds have been faultless.

Have built
2 off U3S trtansmitters plus respective switched LPF's
2 off Progrock
1 off QCX 20m
1 off QLG1
1 off QCX+ 20m
Currently building a QCX mini 30

Dave MM0HVW

Richard AG5M

What article? I must have missed that. Can anyone point me to the article? Thank you.
73, Richard AG5M