QLG1 to QCX with BaMaTech case #gps

Matthew Pullan

I finished installing the two 3.5mm jacks in my BaMaTech case; they fit nicely below the PCB:

I even found a nice enclosure for the QLG1. Now I have interoperability between the QCX / QCX+ / QCX Mini.
      73 de OE6FEG
            Matt

Matthew Pullan

Given that I will soon have a QCX Mini that I also wish to connect to my QLG1, it seems like two 3.5mm jacks are the way to go. The wiring is very conveniently in the QCX+ manual. Thanks for the suggestions.
             73 de OE6FEG
                 Matt

Rick Hewett

On Mon 30 Nov Jim AJ8S wrote:
I posted a reply on this subject a while ago. Search for:
Plug and socket for gps on QCX. Using bmech case
That would be this one, presumably.

On Wed 11 Nov Jim AJ8S wrote:
You can buy the socket at Vetco:
https://vetco.net/products/4-conductor-0-100-inch-2-54-mm-bls-housing-10-pack

They also sell an Arduino header:
https://vetco.net/products/4-pin-stacking-headers-for-arduino

You can bend the header as shown below. With the QCX powered down
insert the bent header into the rectangular hole onto the PCB pins.
You can then insert the pins of the bent header into the socket. The
socket acts to prevent contact with the edges of the rectangular hole
so then you can power back up.

73, Jim
Something ner enough identical should be available from an EU (or, for
me, a UK) supplier somewhere, I guess...

I need a solution for the same issue. I figure it'll take:

A header from the QCX
A right-angle through the hole
A ribbon cable (with suitable connectors on both ends) to the QLG1
A 4-pin connection on the QLG1

Main issue is likely to be finding enough else I need to make a minimum
order...

--
73, Rick, M0LEP

Sorry Matt, the Search button is on the Messages home page.
--
Greg Winterflood VK8KMD
Alice Springs, Central Australia

Matt,

Plug the search term into the Search button on QRPLabs@groups.io home page.

"Plug and socket for gps on QCX. Using bmech case"

It will get you there :-)

Cheers,

Greg

--
Greg Winterflood VK8KMD
Alice Springs, Central Australia
PG66wh

m0xsd

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 5:54, Matthew Pullan
<m0feu@...> wrote:
Thanks Jim,
                     I did several searches, but sometimes your search terms don't turn up quite what you're looking for.
          73 Matt

Matthew Pullan

Thanks Jim,
                     I did several searches, but sometimes your search terms don't turn up quite what you're looking for.
          73 Matt

Jim AJ8S

Hi Matthew,

I posted a reply on this subject a while ago. Search for:

Plug and socket for gps on QCX. Using bmech case
73, Jim

KN6HGG

drill a hole and use a 1/8" trrs phone jack? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Matthew Pullan

Hi,
    I have just finished my QLG1 gps kit and am looking at ways to connect it to my QCX in a BaMaTech case. The case has a hole in the side, normally covered with a small metal plate:

I was wondering if there is a special part that is designed to fit in this void in the case allowing you to plug in as and when needed, or do you have to run a wire through the hole and leave it at that. Has anyone come up with a decent mod for this? Any answers greatfully received.
            73 de OE6FEG
                     Matt