Progrock Si5351 Pin 14

Tripp, K5TRP

I have been having problems getting my progrock to talk to the Si5351 board and I’ve narrowed down the problem to having lifted the pad for pin 14 which is one of the data lines. Is there any way to jumper it or would I have to start over with a new synth board?--
73,
Tripp Sanders
K5TRP

Bob M.

It's only a simple two-sided board. You can add jumper wires to the FET as needed according to the schematic diagram in the manual.

Tripp, K5TRP

I looked at it and tried on both sides of R3 but no luck.

Bob M.

Start at pin 14 and use an ohm-meter to trace the circuit per the schematic. Move past the FET and trace every component. There could be a broken trace when the board was etched.

Hans may also have an X-ray view of the board showing where all the traces run. It wasn't in the manual I downloaded when I bought my ProgRock but he might be able to supply one.

Hans Summers

Hi Bob

Hans may also have an X-ray view of the board showing where all the traces run. It wasn't in the manual I downloaded when I bought my ProgRock but he might be able to supply one.

There's already an image of the tracks on page 5 of the operating manual.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

Bob M.

It was my understanding that he needs an X-ray view or track image of the synthesizer board, the one with the Si5351 on it, not the ProgRock board that it plugs into. If in fact his problem is on the ProgRock board, the one with the DIP switch on it, then I mis-understood his explanation.

Tripp, K5TRP

Yes it’s the synth board.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 7:26 AM Bob M. <wa1mik@...> wrote:
It was my understanding that he needs an X-ray view or track image of the synthesizer board, the one with the Si5351 on it, not the ProgRock board that it plugs into. If in fact his problem is on the ProgRock board, the one with the DIP switch on it, then I mis-understood his explanation.

Tripp Sanders
K5TRP

Hans Summers

Hi Bob, Tripp

Apologies for my confusion. I have updated the Si5351A Synth kit manual at http://qrp-labs.com/synth and there is now a tracks diagram at the bottom of page 3.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 6:59 PM Tripp K5TRP <trippsanders99@...> wrote:
Yes it’s the synth board.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 7:26 AM Bob M. <wa1mik@...> wrote:
It was my understanding that he needs an X-ray view or track image of the synthesizer board, the one with the Si5351 on it, not the ProgRock board that it plugs into. If in fact his problem is on the ProgRock board, the one with the DIP switch on it, then I mis-understood his explanation.

Tripp Sanders
K5TRP

Bob M.

Hans, could you either add the TCXO connections to the schematic or add my diagram to the synth manual? Also, a photo of the ProgRoc synth board with the TCXO instead of the crystal. I have bigger images than what are shown in this PDF file, but I didn't want to clutter up people's mail systems.