Topics

Adjustment of R5 on 50w PA

Dave

I just finished building the 50 amp and am in the process of adjusting R5 as described on Page 66 (7.4 Adjustment).  I started with R5 totally counterclockwise and I have slowly rotated it until my meter is showing 85mA.  If I continue to rotate it, the reading continues to increase.  I don't understand Hans' note where he states that 85mA is only his example....  How do I know what I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance1

Dave, AE9q

Ronald Taylor

Hi Dave. You've mis-understood the process. You aren't aiming for 85 mA. You are supposed to start at fully counter clockwise as you did and note the current you are measuring at that point, then slowly turn the control clockwise until the current starts to rise above that amount, then turn it back down to where it just reaches that original current again and leave it there ... Good luck ... Ron