#40m #40m

Don Blachura

Hello Folks,
Having built a qcx+ and working fb.
I would like to get the cat to work for me. Can any show or help me set it up. What do I need and
how do I set it up? Not a tech, but can follow instructions well.

Don...w2xb

N3MNT

You will need a USB to serial TTL interface.  I am using this one and it works fine  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BBPX8B8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don Blachura

Hello Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I have checked amazon and found the usb to ttl  interface.
also found a usb to ttl cable with a mini plug on it, but the tip is tx not rx. Can you explain
how it should be hooked up to the rig?I am not very good at all this new  tech. See the interface,
now I am lost.

TU
Don...w2xb

KN6HGG

TX on tip of cable's plug is standard, and is correct for the QCX+ (tx goes to rx, and rx goes to tx). A 5v serial cable is ideal, but 3.3v should work. The "standard" part number for this cable is TTL-232R-5V-AJ, but there are a lot of copies and counterfeits that could cause issues.  I have already returned one from Amazon because it was obviously fake (way too short, handmade, possibly counterfeit chip, and losing data). I just ordered this one
Hopefully I got a real one this time...