GPS and Message Tags. #u3s

Phil Crockford

To: Hans Summers

Ultimate3S V3.12a.
I have recently built and tested the Ultimate3S V3.12a.
I have a number of problems that would indicate a software problem and I would appreciate it if you could look in to them
 when next you have time.
I am using the QRP GPS, I have 3 of them.
The Ultimate3S V3.12a. Seems to work well on all the modes I have tested, with the exception of the following:-
1: With the GPS validation enabled, the field that indicates the Fix: - 2D, 3D and none, does not seem to pass the validation and appears as a "-" on the LCD display. Disabling the validation seems to fix the problem however, this does mean that bum data from the GPS will not be detected.
2: The second is related to the first GPS problem. I am using the #LT and #LN tags in the message entry to send a Position
 but, the Lat and Long fields do not transmit if the GPS validation is enabled as the validation of the data fails.
 If I turn the GPS validation off the Lat and Long are then sent.
3: Having got the Lat and Long Tags to send I am aware that neither of the N/S and E/W suffixes are transmitted.
My Message consists of the following: - Call, Maidenhead locator, Lat, Long and is sent using CW.
Message setting = #CS #M6 #LT #LN
Code received = G8IOA IO92RP 52376012 00030356
Please note the absence of the N/S and E/W suffixes.
Phil G8IOA 7 3

Dean Smith

Hi, Phil,
On point one, I think just about everyone who frequents this forum, has pushed this one on Hans. See previous posts. This is something I'm afraid we will have to live with, as it:s possibly deeply embedded in the code with no bytes to spare :(.
G7EOB

Phil Crockford

Thanks for your input.

Phil G8ioa