Topics

#firmware #qcx40 #firmware #qcx40

Marek SP9TKW

Is there any problem with pluging previous version (T 1.00g) microcontroller instead of current T 1.04 on Rev 5 board?

I purchased assembled version QCX for 20m band, which has issue with block top line. In order to narrow scope of diagnosis I wanted to test old microcontroller on fully working QCX for 40m band. All I want to check if the same problem apears or not. I do not plan calibration process just to see if message apears etc...

---------------------------------
73 de Marek SP9TKW

Marek,

It is compatible - all versions are comptible - certainly for driving the display - it's just the behavior and features that differ. I upgraded one of mine from 1.00g all the way to 1.05.

Julina N4JO.

On 7/13/2020 9:01 AM, Marek SP9TKW wrote:
Is there any problem with pluging previous version (T 1.00g) microcontroller instead of current T 1.04 on Rev 5 board?

I purchased assembled version QCX for 20m band, which has issue with block top line. In order to narrow scope of diagnosis I wanted to test old microcontroller on fully working QCX for 40m band. All I want to check if the same problem apears or not. I do not plan calibration process just to see if message apears etc...

---------------------------------
73 de Marek SP9TKW

Wes AE6ZM

The only concern would be that your problem is caused by a damaged uP and that was caused by a problem on the board. If so, then the second uP may well receive damage too. Check voltage with original uP in place to make sure Vcc is only 5v.
--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

VY 73,
Wes

AE6ZM

Sierra Vista, AZ

Marek SP9TKW

Thanks guys,

I will check voltages on the old board first over the weekend. However,  if the old uP (T 1.00g) is cooked and I put it into new fully working v5 board all I will get is no display. New board should still be ok. Is my thinking correct?

---------------------------------
73 de Marek SP9TKW

Ham Radio

It is possible that the old uP just needs to be reflashed.  Try that first  ...
--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF
(most typos in this message have been generated by highly sophisticated auto-correction software)

Alan G4ZFQ

if the old uP (T 1.00g) is cooked and I put it into new fully working v5 board all I will get is no display. New board should still be ok. Is my thinking correct?
Marek,

As Wes has suggested compare the voltages on the two boards first.

73 Alan G4ZFQ