Shipping Estimate for QCX+

Mark W

Is there an estimate on when the QCX+ will be shipping? My order said PRE-ORDER, but no info on when they would be available.
Thanks
Mark
K3MRK

Hans Summers

Hi Mark

We are working through the backlog but there were nearly 600 pre-orders and it is taking some time to pack them and ship them all. I put this update on the QCX+ page http://qrp-labs.com/qcxp too this morning.

By default we are shipping them out in chronological order but if anyone has any specific request they can email me.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 5:15 PM Mark W <K3MRK1@...> wrote:
Is there an estimate on when the QCX+ will be shipping? My order said PRE-ORDER, but no info on when they would be available.
Thanks
Mark
K3MRK

Mark W

Thank you Hans.

Greg Walters

Howdy Hans, and all,

I ordered my 80 meter QCX+ on May 15th, and got the paypal receipt, but not an order confirmation from QRP Labs.

I don't have an order number associated with the Paypal receipt, so I am hoping that it actually processed.

Were order numbers and emails sent out with the orders?  I just thought to check my Spam folder and it cuts off at June 12th...

Not angry, just curious where I am in line to get my next QCX...
Greg
KY4GW

Hans Summers

Hi Greg

The order confirmation email is sent automatically by the QRP Labs shop, on receipt of the funds via PayPal or credit card payments. I suspect it could have been put in your spam folder. You receive a second email when it ships, this notification email contains the tracking number (if applicable).

In your particular case, your order ID is 35627 and orders after yours have already been shipped.

The reason yours hasn't shipped is that we ran out of 470pF capacitors, and yours is an 80m QCX+, which requires two 470pF capacitors in the LPF. Before running out of 470pF capacitors I ordered 1,000 more Vishay NP0 470pF capacitors (and lots of others!) from Digikey US. They just arrived here in the far-outer-reaches-of-further-outer-nowhere just about an hour ago! So we are now preparing 80m LPFs and your particular order will be shipped tomorrow.

Note that due to the mentioned tripling of post office rates for US packages, we will not be sending it via post office as you ordered, we will upgrade to FedEx Express (TNT) shipment, being collected tomorrow. So you should expect to receive it in the first half of next week, I expect.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 1:24 PM Greg Walters via groups.io <jgawalters=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Howdy Hans, and all,

I ordered my 80 meter QCX+ on May 15th, and got the paypal receipt, but not an order confirmation from QRP Labs.

I don't have an order number associated with the Paypal receipt, so I am hoping that it actually processed.

Were order numbers and emails sent out with the orders?  I just thought to check my Spam folder and it cuts off at June 12th...

Not angry, just curious where I am in line to get my next QCX...
Greg
KY4GW

Steve

Hans
Sorry to be a pain, but I have a similar question. My order number is 36907 any forecast most appreciated

Steve G7JHU

Hans Summers

Hi Steve

Sorry it's a lot harder to give any good forecast on yours... Greg was easy because his was #1 in line, when we got the 470pF capacitors, which we did today.

We are shipping the backlog as fast as possible.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 6:11 PM Steve <steveb2541@...> wrote:

Hans
Sorry to be a pain, but I have a similar question. My order number is 36907 any forecast most appreciated

Steve G7JHU

dbauer@...

Hi Hans

Just by way of information for you, I also did not receive the automatic email confirming my PayPal order for the QCX+ and associated extras.Having fun building my second QRPLabs 50 Watt amplifier in the mean time. I wish you good health and the strength to balance baby on one hand and QRPLabs on the other. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Dave VE7AHT

Hans Summers

Hi Dave, all

The order confirmation email is sent automatically via the QRP Labs shop when the order is placed and paid (via PayPal or credit card). A second notification email is sent when it is shipped, containing the tracking code (if available), when the darabae is updated with this status.

Since these emails are both sent by the QRP Labs shop, sometimes spam filters mistakenly identify them as spam. So please be sure to check your spam folders.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, <dbauer@...> wrote:
Hi Hans

Just by way of information for you, I also did not receive the automatic email confirming my PayPal order for the QCX+ and associated extras.Having fun building my second QRPLabs 50 Watt amplifier in the mean time. I wish you good health and the strength to balance baby on one hand and QRPLabs on the other. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Dave VE7AHT

Greg Walters

Thank you for the information Hans,

I wonder if I got that first email that went to my spam folder, which has since emptied from that time. I'll be checking it, the spam folder, regularly to watch for the shipping email.

Now, don't worry about us out here, we'll survive. You take care of yourself, your family, and the brand new CuteCX+ you have there.

Stay safe.
Greg
KY4GW

David R. Hassall WA5DJJ

Dear Hans,
I did not receive and order reply when I ordered 2 QCX+ transceivers (30M and 40M).   I did receive a reply from Pay Pal that the total was paid to QRPLabs, But Nothing from your Company.  I watch my spam filter like a hawk and do check it at least twice a day and no email from QRP Labs
was there.   So, the order reply system may not be working as smooth as you think.   Now I wonder if my order is even there?

Take care and have fun.
73/74 Dave WA5DJJ

Ron W3ZV

All I got was the PayPal receipt. Ordered QCX+ and case on 5-19-20. Check spam folder daily.

--
Ron W3ZV

Hans Summers

Hi Dave: your order ID is 36679 and was placed on 21-Jun-2020. The automated email was sent according to the order history. I do not know why you did not receive the email. Some email hosts and some ISPs implement additional layers of spam filtering or server blacklisting which blocks genuine emails along with suspicious ones.

Hi Ron: your order ID is 35843 and was placed on 19-May-2020. The automated email was sent according to the order history. However I can see that on your order you entered an incorrect email address - you wrote @gmail.net when you meant @gmail.com. I have just edited your order record to correct the email address, and I sent you a new confirmation email of the amendment. So I am curious to know if you received that.

Generally when I hear complaints that people did not receive emails, it is because they entered the wrong email address by mistake, on the order form. There are some mysterious cases such as Dave's. And there are some known hosts such as @charter.net which for some reason reject QRP Labs emails entirely before they ever reach the user's email inbox at all.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 7:53 PM Ron W3ZV <w3zv.radio@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi all

Ron W3ZV has confirmed that the confirmation email of the amendment (correction to his email address on the order form) did arrive. So there is no mystery on that one.

I do believe that in somewhere over 98% of cases, the email notifications system is working properly for people without any incident.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 8:10 PM Hans Summers via groups.io <hans.summers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

My domain is hosted at charter.net. I don't know if their filtering is different for hosted domains vs. their addresses on their own, but fortunately I've not had a problem.

Julian N4JO.

On 7/9/2020 12:10 PM, Hans Summers wrote:
[...]

Not sure which Dave you are referring to: dbauer@..., or David R.Hassall WA5DJJ. There are just too many Dave's hi hi. My Paypal
indicates June 19th, but maybe my order was placed on 21-Jun ? No worries as long as I am in the stream.
Cheers
Dave VE7AHT

[...]

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

My ISP is charter and they provide up to five email address at charter.net. I do not use those so I do not have any of those prob;ems. I have considered activating one but now I have doubts:)

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more

On 7/9/20 1:46 PM, Julian N4JO wrote:
My domain is hosted at charter.net. I don't know if their filtering is different for hosted domains vs. their addresses on their own, but fortunately I've not had a problem.
Julian N4JO.
On 7/9/2020 12:10 PM, Hans Summers wrote:
Hi Dave: your order ID is 36679 and was placed on 21-Jun-2020. The automated email was sent according to the order history. I do not know why you did not receive the email. Some email hosts and some ISPs implement additional layers of spam filtering or server blacklisting which blocks genuine emails along with suspicious ones.

Hi Ron: your order ID is 35843 and was placed on 19-May-2020. The automated email was sent according to the order history. However I can see that on your order you entered an incorrect email address - you wrote @gmail.net <http://gmail.net> when you meant @gmail.com <http://gmail.com>. I have just edited your order record to correct the email address, and I sent you a new confirmation email of the amendment. So I am curious to know if you received that.

Generally when I hear complaints that people did not receive emails, it is because they entered the wrong email address by mistake, on the order form. There are some mysterious cases such as Dave's. And there are some known hosts such as @charter.net <http://charter.net> which for some reason reject QRP Labs emails entirely before they ever reach the user's email inbox at all.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, <dbauer@telus.net
<mailto:dbauer@telus.net>> wrote:

Hi Hans
Just by way of information for you, I also did not receive
the automatic email confirming my PayPal order for the QCX+
and associated extras.Having fun building my second QRPLabs
50 Watt amplifier in the mean time. I wish you good health
and the strength to balance baby on one hand and QRPLabs on
the other. Your efforts are much appreciated.
Dave VE7AHT
--
Ron W3ZV

Ryan Flowers

The best email host on the planet is Google. Their GSuite accounts are $5/mo per account, and well worth it. No two email hosts run things exactly the same, and so email can't be expected to work perfectly. It sucks, but it's the truth. Not to mention that email itself is almost 50 years old and is cobbled together over time to add features it was never intended to have.

Ryan Flowers

--
Ryan Flowers - W7RLF
MiscDotGeek - QRP and More

Gary Bernard

As long as we keep Hans busy answering shipping questions most surely nothing else will get done. Aren't there more important things for Hans to do, maybe look after the new baby? Just my thoughts.
Gary W0CKI

Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:10

[...]

jjpurdum

The best email host on the planet is Google...

...if you don't mind them tracking your internet usage and then selling it to other business.

Jack, W8TEE

--
Ryan Flowers - W7RLF
MiscDotGeek - QRP and More