QCX+ tracking...

Hans Summers

300kg of QCX+ boards and enclosures are onboard TK6527 over Goergia...

Hans Summers

Amazing... a Boeing 777F like our QCX+ transporter can carry 102,875kg. So much as I do NOT look forward to carrying the 15 boxes weighing a total of 300kg up two flights of stairs to QRP Labs HQ... it's only 0.3% of this airplane's cargo capacity!

Ok so this is marginally off topic but lots of us care about the QCX+ kits :-)

73 Hans G0UPL

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020, 08:56 Hans Summers via groups.io <hans.summers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
300kg of QCX+ boards and enclosures are onboard TK6527 over Goergia...

ink3n

Tools and solder are ready :)

Thx for this detailed updates Hans!

73! Axel - DO2AK

WB9ICF

Thanks for the update, Hans.  It was a fun post to read.  And remember that your wingspan is much less than the 777F so I wouldn't be too concerned as long as you have sufficient lift.  Take care and thanks for all you do for the amateur radio community.
--
Ralph - WB9ICF

Hans Summers

Hi Ralph

I definitely don't have enough lift. Particularly after my slipped disk experience on Christmas Eve... and all the physio I went through during January and February to fix it. But there is a young man here who is almost exactly 3dB younger than I am and he looks like he could manage 300kg up two flights of stairs...

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 4:57 PM WB9ICF <riden@...> wrote:
Thanks for the update, Hans.  It was a fun post to read.  And remember that your wingspan is much less than the 777F so I wouldn't be too concerned as long as you have sufficient lift.  Take care and thanks for all you do for the amateur radio community.
--
Ralph - WB9ICF

geoff M0ORE

Why not use one of the balloons that are often mentioned on this site??

On 17/06/2020 07:09, Hans Summers wrote:
Amazing... a Boeing 777F like our QCX+ transporter can carry 102,875kg. So much as I do NOT look forward to carrying the 15 boxes weighing a total of 300kg up two flights of stairs to QRP Labs HQ... it's only 0.3% of this airplane's cargo capacity!

Ok so this is marginally off topic but lots of us care about the QCX+ kits :-)

73 Hans G0UPL

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020, 08:56 Hans Summers via groups.io <hans.summers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
300kg of QCX+ boards and enclosures are onboard TK6527 over Goergia...

Hans Summers

Hi Geoff

The balloon payload is 10g for 2 balloons; therefore for 300kg we would need 60,000 of the balloons. Would be quite a sizeable project in itself. Additionally since dominant winds are always westerly it would travel East and have to cross Pacific and Atlantic and Mediterranean oceans to reach me via "Long path"...

Anyway good news... I believe the shipment got rebooked on a 1-day earlier domestic flight Istanbul -> Izmir. So it's now in Izmir as of late last night... customs procedures today... and I fear as usual my pocket may be substantially lighter by the end of the day...

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 1:22 AM geoff M0ORE via groups.io <m0ore=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Why not use one of the balloons that are often mentioned on this site??

On 17/06/2020 07:09, Hans Summers wrote:
Amazing... a Boeing 777F like our QCX+ transporter can carry 102,875kg. So much as I do NOT look forward to carrying the 15 boxes weighing a total of 300kg up two flights of stairs to QRP Labs HQ... it's only 0.3% of this airplane's cargo capacity!

Ok so this is marginally off topic but lots of us care about the QCX+ kits :-)

73 Hans G0UPL

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020, 08:56 Hans Summers via groups.io <hans.summers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
300kg of QCX+ boards and enclosures are onboard TK6527 over Goergia...

Hans Summers

Hi all

The final QCX+ shipment did not in fact, make it to Izmir a day early.... it got there Thursday evening as originally scheduled. That was just QRP Labs chief import customs expert (a.k.a. XYL) and the customs clearance broker, getting ahead of themselves in their enthusiasm.

Clearance procedures took place today! Now it is in the hands of the domestic courier for the last 300km by road. So close now (relatively speaking!).

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com