Topics

6m RX and 4m TX WSPR

KEN G4APB

Hi Mike,
I often run my U3S 4m Tx and Rx system on WSPR but it is a very lonely band as you say. I have managed to boost my OCXO controlled Tx to 1 Watt using a modified QRPlabs '5Watt' PA, and boosted the Rx sensitivity by using a homebrew 4m to 28m converter to U3S Rx and a Raspi doing the decoding. Antenna is a horiz half wave dipole in the attic.Just to add to the confusion there seems to be two WSPR operating frequencies for 4m so I run on both of them!

I'll look out for you.

73 Ken G4APB

Mike

Hi folks, just a heads up to say that my 6m 24/7 WSPR reporter is up and
running on a QRPLabs RX, Progrock and Polysynth with a homebrew 6m>10m
converter, the aerial is a dipole aligned north south at 15 feet agl.
Receiving well, but not many UK stations about. If the WSPR Challenge website
is anything to go by, the receiver seems quite competitive

My 4m WSPR TX is running 24/7, 10mW into a Sirio vertical halfwave endfed.
Best dx this year -so far- is DL4RU at 1244Km. Would like some reports from UK
stations too !
4m seems to be a forgotten band, give it a try..

73 Mike G8NXD IO70je