toroid wires #t2 #t1 #qcx

Syd

I'm in the process of monkeying around with the 40m kit that I just built.   After winding several toroids for the kit I came up with the bright idea of experimenting with toroids and winding them.  The toroids themselves are easy to find online, and I was just curious as to exactly what kind of wire is being used to wind them. How does the wire size affect the inductance etc.  Love to figure out things like how much 1 or more turns affect the inductance and other experimental parameters like wire size. This may be of help when I build the 20m kit that I just ordered.

Ronald Taylor

Syd, here is a good site for calculating inductance of toroids.
Wire size doesn’t appreciably affect inductance. Smaller wire will have higher resistance so affects the losses. Wire used mostly is enamel covered copper wire usually referred to as magnet wire. Have fun experimenting.

Ron

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 15:46 Syd via groups.io <nhuq1=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm in the process of monkeying around with the 40m kit that I just built.   After winding several toroids for the kit I came up with the bright idea of experimenting with toroids and winding them.  The toroids themselves are easy to find online, and I was just curious as to exactly what kind of wire is being used to wind them. How does the wire size affect the inductance etc.  Love to figure out things like how much 1 or more turns affect the inductance and other experimental parameters like wire size. This may be of help when I build the 20m kit that I just ordered.

Ronald Taylor

Sorry Syd. Wrong link. Try this one. http://toroids.info/T68-6.php

Ron