Topics

QCX+ wishlist

Roger Hill

It seems to me that a wire bail, so that the case can be tilted upwards for easier viewing, would be a useful addition to the list of options for the QCX+.

73
Roger
G3YTN

Arv Evans

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 8:07 AM Roger Hill <rhill@...> wrote:
It seems to me that a wire bail, so that the case can be tilted upwards for easier viewing, would be a useful addition to the list of options for the QCX+.

73
Roger
G3YTN

Roger Hill

Hi Arv. Yep. I was thinking one for the QCX+ specifically would be good, maybe with holes pre-drilled (obviously not in this first batch).
Roger
G3YTN

On 8 Jun 2020, at 13:36, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 8:07 AM Roger Hill < rhill@...> wrote:
It seems to me that a wire bail, so that the case can be tilted upwards for easier viewing, would be a useful addition to the list of options for the QCX+.

73
Roger
G3YTN

Arv Evans

Roger

For those with a bit of mechanical skill, a flip-up or flip-down bail should
be rather easy to design and build.  The bail itself could be just a length
of coat-hanger wire bent into shape.  Real task might be to design, build,
and install the bail mounting bracket.  A quick on-line search indicates
that there are several ways to do this.

Alternative approach might be to salvage the flip-down feet from a dead
or unwanted keyboard and install those on the chassis bottom.  This
could involve cutting out the foot mounting area and gluing it to the bottom
of your chassis.

For my own use I usually run a 6-32 screw through the chassis bottom
and screw a wire-nut onto it.  That is not flippable, but works for non-
portable use.

Arv
_._

Arv
_._

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 11:48 AM Roger Hill <rhill@...> wrote:
Hi Arv. Yep. I was thinking one for the QCX+ specifically would be good, maybe with holes pre-drilled (obviously not in this first batch).
Roger
G3YTN

On 8 Jun 2020, at 13:36, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 8:07 AM Roger Hill < rhill@...> wrote:
It seems to me that a wire bail, so that the case can be tilted upwards for easier viewing, would be a useful addition to the list of options for the QCX+.

73
Roger
G3YTN

ajparent1/KB1GMX

Me I'm inclined to ask how much would you pay for that?

Then again If I need one there are places to find them.  One
of my favorites is McMAster-Carr.  Also some creativity.

Allison
Please reply on list so we can share.