Topics

Question about the vfo? #vfo #qcx40

Darren KN4WML

I have a question about the 2 vfo modes. I'm a newcomer to this type of transmitting and radios, I'm primarily on my little 2m radio. I remember in the installation instructions talking about the 2 modes. It was saying that mode A is for receive, and mode B is to transmit. I can see where you switch between a anb b or have them both displayed in the settings.  Do I have to basically have them both on the same frequency to transmit and receive.      Sorry for the odd questions

Darren,

Ronald Taylor

Darren, this is a feature that allows you to transmit on one frequency and receive on another (known as split mode) if you want to. There are two separate VFOs. If you have only A or B displayed, then you are transmitting and receiving on the displayed frequency for that VFO. If you have both A and B displayed, then you are transmitting on B and receiving on A. If you tune them both to the same frequency then that's the same as using either of them alone. Hope that makes sense. The easiest thing to do when you are just starting out is to stay on VFO A or B only and transmit/receive on the displayed frequency.

73 ... Ron

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 10:52 AM Darren KN4WML <darrent78@...> wrote:
I have a question about the 2 vfo modes. I'm a newcomer to this type of transmitting and radios, I'm primarily on my little 2m radio. I remember in the installation instructions talking about the 2 modes. It was saying that mode A is for receive, and mode B is to transmit. I can see where you switch between a anb b or have them both displayed in the settings.  Do I have to basically have them both on the same frequency to transmit and receive.      Sorry for the odd questions

Darren,

Darren KN4WML

That's about the best and foremost answer I could ever get. The more I think about it, it really makes sense.  Thanks for the quick response!!

73s Darren