N3MNT

Did you change the Keyer type in the menu?

Wes AE6ZM

#1 - Could we have your name and call?
#2 - first step - Check connections using ohmmeter. Use schematic to verify wiring is correct.
#3 -  Source of noise - disconnect antenna. Noise gone? Atmospheric. Not gone? Problem in radio.
--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

VY 73,
Wes

AE6ZM

Sierra Vista, AZ

Darren KN4WML

I believe I figured the key issue,.  It was a simple fix, short in the cord.    The static noise issue, just the atmosphere I'd assume.  It sounded normal early this morning but it got worse as the day moved on.   I just need a better and higher antenna!.    Thanks for the replys....

73,

KN4WML
Darren
Mount pleasant, NC

Well 40m is essentially hopeless during the day anyway, unless you're packing a half kW and an antenna tower that needs a flashing red beacon on top. I have two QCXs - a 40 for night, and 20 for daytime, and a piece of green wire strung between a couple of trees. It's a fun little ceremony I go through, like the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace - to swap the power, the antenna, the key, and the phones at sun-up and sundown (though experts will quickly jump in and say that it isn't as simple as that: yes, I know, but you get the point.)

Congratulations on your success!

Julian N4JO.

Mike Besemer - WM4B

1 hour – 0.5 watt.  Non-resonant dipole in the attic.  Yes… 40 is definitely worthless during the day.

Mike

WM4B