FT8 Killng WSPR ?

Mike

Listening on 6m I hear lots of FT8 transmissions from all over Eu, but WSPR
there is none. not one - not even me :-(

Judging by the late 24hrs, maybe they were all
on 10m.

I counted almost 200 stations on 10m yesterday.

200!

:-)

As I type this, wsprnet shows 225 stations on
10m Vs 64 on 6m.

Never seen it so busy.

Mike

M3MSM heard 79 different 10m WSPR stations yesterday despite an NVIS indoor
antenna.Quite incredible.
And as I type I'm hearing french simplex stations on S22 (2m). could this
possibly be connected with lower aircraft pollution? - if only...
73

On 19 May 2020 at 6:49, Andy Brilleaux via groups.io wrote:

As I type this, wsprnet shows 225 stations on
10m Vs 64 on 6m.

Never seen it so busy.

Hi Mike,

Well certainly something out of the ordinary
had happened, because I've never ever
witness sporadic e lasting 22 hours yesterday.

My wspr spots were continuous during all that
time. Even you managed to hear me short skip :-)

And the fun continues again today.

It's one hell of this being party again today.

I think the wspr stations reported by wspr net
have today reached an all time high.

Amazing.

Mike

You had the audacity to sully my receiver with your wspr sigs Andy!....
shame on you >vbg>

its certainly an event to beat all others...
incredible.
the WSPR Challenge site is good for quantitive thingies..
http://wspr.pe1itr.com

On 19 May 2020 at 7:02, Andy Brilleaux via groups.io wrote:

Hi Mike,

Well certainly something out of the ordinary
had happened, because I've never ever
witness sporadic e lasting 22 hours yesterday.

My wspr spots were continuous during all that
time. Even you managed to hear me short skip :-)

And the fun continues again today.

It's one hell of this being party again today.

I think the wspr stations reported by wspr net
have today reached an all time high.

Amazing.

And the qrss signals on 10m were plentiful too.

See attached grab.

J68HZ

I worked 800+ on 10M yesterday alone.  I’m what you would call and avid CW man, over the years most of my contacts were made via CW… Yesterday, I looked at my contact stats for the last 365 days and 89% of my contacts were made digitally.  I think I just have to bite the bullet and throw this digital hardware out of the shack.

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton – J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

Like us on Facebook!

Moderator – North American QRO Group at Groups.IO.

email:  bill@...