QCX/QCX+ Serial number 10,000 auction for fun

Hans Summers

Hi all

Resurrection of this thread from last August (when the QCX kits were at serial number 8000)... and Mike G8NXD wanted to bit on serial number 10,000...

We are coming up to QCX serial number 10,000. Yes, now I know, now we are on QCX+... but I am still planning to keep incrementing the serial numbers from where they are.

Serial number 10,000 is coming up, today probably!

So let's auction... I will make a beautiful laminated signed certificate. Serial number 10,000... and includes QCX+, QCX+ Enclosure, and FedEx shipping. So why Mike's bid (assuming it still holds) looked a bit high then... now, wow, it's just about on-the-money once you include all that :-D

73 Hans G0UPL

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 9:52 PM Mike <mike@...> wrote:

My bid for QSX No10K

is, $100.00 ( that's 1cent per kit sold. )

73, Mike G8NXD

On 1 Aug 2019 at 11:51, Bill Cromwell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will start with a bid of five U.S. dollars. Not that I really expect
> to get it for that (can always dream) but just to get the bidding started.
>
> 73,
>
> Bill  KU8H
>
> On 7/31/19 6:22 PM, John Young wrote:
> > Who will make the opening bid?
> >

> > On Wed, Jul 31, 2019, 15:55 Karl Schwab via Groups.Io
> > <ktschwab=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:
> >
> >     I really like Alan's idea for the 10,000 kit; it would be a very
> >     special one, indeed!  73, Karl, KO8S
> >

> --
> bark less - wag more

J P Watters <kc9kko@...>

Hans and the Amateur Community,

I will put my $0.02 dollars (two cents) in and bid $200 dollars.
Certainly this will contribute to Hans' favorite charity.

..jpw J P Watters
KC9KKO

Mike

Yes Hans, my $100 bid still stands. but does that include FedEx delivery ? HI
Congratulations on the incredible success of the QCX, without doubt a game
changer in the QRP world.
Here's to the next 10k, but hopefully before then, the QSX....no rush..
vy 73, Mike G8NXD

http://qrp-labs.com

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 9:52 PM Mike <mike@pencoys.org.uk> wrote:

My bid for QSX No10K

is, $100.00 ( that's 1cent per kit sold. )

73, Mike G8NXD

On 1 Aug 2019 at 11:51, Bill Cromwell wrote:

Hi,

I will start with a bid of five U.S. dollars. Not that I really expect
to get it for that (can always dream) but just to get the bidding
started.

73,

Bill KU8H

On 7/31/19 6:22 PM, John Young wrote:
Who will make the opening bid?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019, 15:55 Karl Schwab via Groups.Io
<ktschwab=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:

I really like Alan's idea for the 10,000 kit; it would be a very
special one, indeed! 73, Karl, KO8S

--
bark less - wag more

Mark GØNMY

OT slightly how do I know what serial number my QCX Ive ordered is.

Cheers Mark

Hans Summers

Hi JP: I never said anything about charity! The charity is the save-the-Hans fund. Or save-the-QRP-Labs-lab-rats. Something like that?

Hi Mike: thanks for the congrats. Yes, now incl FedEx delivery :-) It didn't, before. Special promotion :-)

Hi Mark: I have updated the list of serial numbers vs order ID, see http://qrp-labs.com/qcx/qcxserial.html - so look up your order ID and then find it in the table. Or contact me if you can't find it.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

Mark GØNMY

Thanks Hans

mine is No 9876

And here was me hoping for 9999  Not to worry hee hee

Still looking forward to building it.

I have to admit I like the new QCX+ layout it will make it a lot more flexible for experimenting and boxing.

Anyway Thanks Hans

73 Mark

Hans Summers

Hi all

Pleased to announce - QCX/QCX+ sales just passed the 10,000 number. An amazing landmark indeed. But S/N 10,000 is reserved for the auction :-)   Currently the high bid is J P Watters KC9KKO with US$200 but it is NOT going going gone yet...

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 11:50 AM Hans Summers via groups.io <hans.summers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi JP: I never said anything about charity! The charity is the save-the-Hans fund. Or save-the-QRP-Labs-lab-rats. Something like that?

Hi Mike: thanks for the congrats. Yes, now incl FedEx delivery :-) It didn't, before. Special promotion :-)

Hi Mark: I have updated the list of serial numbers vs order ID, see http://qrp-labs.com/qcx/qcxserial.html - so look up your order ID and then find it in the table. Or contact me if you can't find it.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

Arv Evans

Hans

Congratulations on the 10,000th QCX.

Arv
_._

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 9:54 AM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:
[...]

Michael N6MST

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 08:54 AM, Hans Summers wrote:
QCX/QCX+ sales just passed the 10,000 number.
I'm sure this is practically impossible to know, but has any QRP kit radio ever done this? Maybe HW-8? Truly impressive, Hans!

kc0plo@...

Hi Hans,

Thank you for updating the serial number list.  Checking the numbers shows that you have been busy!  In two weeks since I ordered my QCX 20, you have had 500 orders 193 of which were for QCX kits.  GREAT!  I thank you again for your wonderful products.

73  de  kc0plo  Gayln

Hans Summers

Hello Galyn

I wish I was *that* busy... but actually not all Order IDs are used. For some reason, the shop software creates order IDs which never become actual orders. Somewhere between 25% and 50% of Order IDs never make it through to completed paid actual orders. I am not really sure why this is. Maybe somehow it saves people's shopping carts then later converts them to real orders if they complete the payment checkout. Who knows.

Anyway yes... pretty busy :-)

73 Hans G0UPL

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 8:42 PM <kc0plo@...> wrote:
Hi Hans,

Thank you for updating the serial number list.  Checking the numbers shows that you have been busy!  In two weeks since I ordered my QCX 20, you have had 500 orders 193 of which were for QCX kits.  GREAT!  I thank you again for your wonderful products.

73  de  kc0plo  Gayln

Daniel Walter

Actually, Mark, you may have the 9999th or the 10,000th even though your SN is 9876. Hans sold a lot at hamfests that have no SN. Both of mine have no SN as I bought them at FDIM in 2018 and 2019.
--
73, Dan  NM3A

Hans Summers

Hi Dan

That isn't quite correct. Hamfest orders have no Order ID. But hamfest QCX purchases do have a serial number. Anyone who has purchased a kit from me at a hamfest will know that I have a notebook and carefully write down who brought what. On return to HQ I enter all this data into my master spreadsheet. So even if there aren't order IDs I do have all the serial numbers.

There are a few occasions where in the heat of battle, something gets missed, someone runs off without writing their name, etc. But these are the exception not the rule.

I just checked my spreadsheet. According to my spreadsheet:
You purchased a QCX-40 with serial number 4693 in Dayton in May 2018.
You purchased a QCX-40 with serial number 7372 in May 2019 at Dayton, along with a QLG1 GPS kit and a Clock kit.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Fri, May 15, 2020, 22:08 Daniel Walter via groups.io <nm3a=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Actually, Mark, you may have the 9999th or the 10,000th even though your SN is 9876. Hans sold a lot at hamfests that have no SN. Both of mine have no SN as I bought them at FDIM in 2018 and 2019.
--
73, Dan  NM3A

Jim Manley

... and Hans has programmed the QCXs, U3Ss, etc., to send all of our QSOs back to his Evil Genius HQs!!!

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 2:14 PM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:
Hi Dan

You purchased a QCX-40 with serial number 4693 in Dayton in May 2018.
You purchased a QCX-40 with serial number 7372 in May 2019 at Dayton, along with a QLG1 GPS kit and a Clock kit.

Daniel Walter

Well, whadda ya know! I did not know that. Thanks for the update, Hans. I'll have to mark mine now.
--
73, Dan  NM3A

Ted 2E0THH

10,000 sales of a little miracle radio that has changed many peoples lives.

Huge congratulations Hans!

73s Ted

2E0THH

Hans Summers

Hi all

J P Watters KC9KKO is still the high bidder at US$200... any more bids please... and it's... going... going... last chance for more bids...

73 Hans G0UPL

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 6:54 PM Hans Summers via groups.io <hans.summers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Gone

The gentleman over on the right hand side, J P Watters KC9KKO, has it at $200

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 7:07 PM Hans Summers via groups.io <hans.summers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

IK4JQQ

Great job Hans. Congratulations you deserve all this. Hope you'll sell 10,000 QSX very soon too!
Ciao!

jjpurdum

Soon? That many are on backorder!  :>)

Jack, W8TEE