Topics

What to do with High Fuse set to 0xD9 #qcx

Bill NF6R

Hello,

I have a QCX Rev 4 with 1.00g firmware.  AVRDUDESS detects the chip and the fuses read L: 0xF7, H: 0xD9, E: 0xFC.

Hans has said that this means that the "preserve EEPROM contents through chip erase" fuse has not been set.  Do I leave it alone and write the hex file?  If I'm to change it, is there a process?

Thanks,
--

Bill - NF6R
SKCC 20696 NAQCC 9984 FISTS 19479 CalQRP 78 Flying Pigs 4181

Alan G4ZFQ

I have a QCX Rev 4 with 1.00g firmware.  AVRDUDESS detects the chip and the fuses read L: 0xF7, H: 0xD9, E: 0xFC.
Hans has said that this means that the "preserve EEPROM contents through chip erase" fuse has not been set.  Do I leave it alone and write the hex file?  If I'm to change it, is there a process?
Bill,

This seems to confirm that somehow some have been sent with incorrect fuse settings.
Do not update the flash until the fuses are correct.

My page here gives the process. https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/qrplabs_program_chip_with_USBasp
With Avrdudess enter the correct values in the "Fuses lock bits" section. "Write" sets them.

N3MNT, the problem has occurred before Hans made the fuse change. As he said the effect will not be noticed. It is just him making the code as perfect as he can.
(The latest values are L 0xD7, H 0xD1, E 0xFC see https://groups.io/g/QRPLabs/message/40742

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Skip Davis

I can vouch that Alan’s method works so please read it carefully and if no fuse values show up do a read of the fuses so there are values showing. Then when your ready to write the hex file hit that button NOT the Program! button. If you hit Program without changing the default buttons it will erase the eeprom.

Skip Davis, NC9O

Bill NF6R

Thanks Alan!

Worked like a charm.  Displays 1.04 and seems to work well with a quick check.

I missed your comments in the document about the fuses until after your posting.

Bill - NF6R
SKCC 20696 NAQCC 9984 FISTS 19479 CalQRP 78 Flying Pigs 4181

Bill NF6R

And again, Thanks Alan!

I just put 1.05 on a friend's QCX20 Rev3.