Topics

clock and gps #clock

Don Blachura

Hello Folks,
I need a hand on setting the clock and gps. The clock and gps works(getting 3 lights  green and yellow blicking),
and dashed lines in the beginng. What is the first thing I should do?

Don..w2xb

N3MNT

Decide what you want to display on the 2 lines).  Write it down on paper, 16 characters/ spaces long by two lines.
Print the Operation Manual and us it to program when you want on the display.  Write the program steps on paper then just follow the program steps.

Don Blachura

When do I see the lil heart beat?
Getting the green flashing light. Do

When do I see the heart beat from sat? After I set it up?
All this is very new to me.

Don..w2xb

N3MNT

You should see “Diagnostic Mode on start up until you program it.
You decide what you want in the 16X2 blocks on the screen then have to program it per operation manual.  If you want the heartbeat you need to program it using the two sets of buttons.  Take an hour or so and read the operation manual it pretty easy.

Don Blachura

Got it.

Tu
...w2xb

David Griffiths

And you need to set the GPS flag in the menu.

Carl NQ3U

Don,
when I built mine, being a typical guy, I didn't read the manual very closely.  When I powered it on and got past the diagnostic screen the clock started and I was getting indications that the GPS was receiving signals, but no LAT/LON displayed!!!  I spent some time looking at all the boards, components, soldering, and everything looked correct to my eyes.  It was a little confounding until I RTFM, Page #8 GPS mode Settings are initially 0 - GPS is not used at all. The kit is in free-running mode, it will run from it's 20MHz crystal oscillator.  I changed that setting to 2 and PRESTO, I magically got LAT/LON displayed.
There are also some programming hints and examples of how others have programmed their displays on the QRP Lab Web site.
I immediately upgraded my display from the 2 line display to the 4 line display and love it.
I'm still working on a custom case layout for it.  The case is the difficult part for me.

73,
Carl
NQ3U

Dean Smith

Don
#HB
😁

scot forshaw

Just be sure to enable practice mode or have a dummy load attached... Like a few others, I didn't see the section int he manual that spoke of this and fried the PA section.

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 5:29 PM Dean Smith <bardezbiker@...> wrote:
Don
#HB
😁

N3MNT

Possibly posted in wrong thread. No  TX in clock / GPS.