Topics

QCX challenge on monday 24.2.2020

Peter

Hallo,
i plan to be qrv on monday 13z for the qcx challenge with my 40m QCX. Hpe condx are good

73
Peter OE1OPW Vienna

Eng. Fabio Barroso <fbbrito@...>

Hi,

My name is Fabio from Brazil, my callsign is PT7CA. That is a good ideia, I will be present in this day over the ether in 40 meters band. I have assembled my QCX recently with guide step by step and everything's all right and Hans helped me a lot by mail.

I am send a picture of my transceiver. My enclousure of BamaTech hasn't arrived by post yet.

73 for all Hams.

--
Fábio Barroso Brito
Engenheiro de Telecomunicações

Peter GM0EUL

I'm planning to be on too.  Probably mostly 20m for the 1300 and mostly 40m for the 1900.  Will also be doing some QRO around 7.035 for the CW academy qso practice but I'll use my QCX+amp so if you hear me there please call.

73
Peter
GM0EUL

On Sat, 22 Feb 2020, 16:11 Eng. Fabio Barroso, <fbbrito@...> wrote:
Hi,

My name is Fabio from Brazil, my callsign is PT7CA. That is a good ideia, I will be present in this day over the ether in 40 meters band. I have assembled my QCX recently with guide step by step and everything's all right and Hans helped me a lot by mail.

I am send a picture of my transceiver. My enclousure of BamaTech hasn't arrived by post yet.

73 for all Hams.

Em sáb, 22 de fev de 2020 às 10:09, Peter <peter.knorr@...> escreveu:
Hallo,
i plan to be qrv on monday 13z for the qcx challenge with my 40m QCX. Hpe condx are good

73
Peter OE1OPW Vienna

--
Fábio Barroso Brito
Engenheiro de Telecomunicações
CREA 061787033-0

HB9FIH

Will be on air. 13 with 20m  / 19 with 20/40m / 03 with 40m. QTH El Hierro IL07xs (Canary Island)
Good luck for all.
73 Erich
--
---
73 de Erich

HB9FIH

HS0ZLS

Martin DK3UW

13:00 on 20 is planned, if I manage to be on time I will be there also 19:00 with non QCX QRP on 40

By the way with that rig I managed 10 contacts during ARRL contest on 40. That was kind of surprising.

73s
Martin
DK3UW

Rickw9rea@...

I will be on 40 m at 0300 hanging out around 7030
--
Rick w9rea

Martin DK3UW

on 20 quite some RBN reports even from US and I heard some US calling someone I could not hear.
Worked EA8/HB9FIH with difficulties and heard him call later but no mre QSO.

One QSO on 40 with G4GIR but not using QCX there.. Nice signal but time was over.

Try to make it for 19:00Z

73
Martin
DK3UW

G4GIR

Thanks for the QSO Martin, you were my one and only contact for the period, I unfortunately got engrossed in the Telegraph Crossword (a daily ritual with my wife!!) and forgot all about the QCX challenge!!!
Hope to see you tonight on 20 maybe.

Best 73

Ian G4GIR

on 20 quite some RBN reports even from US and I heard some US calling someone I could not hear.
Worked EA8/HB9FIH with difficulties and heard him call later but no mre QSO.

One QSO on 40 with G4GIR but not using QCX there.. Nice signal but time was over.

Try to make it for 19:00Z

72/3
Martin
DK3UW

Gerald Ball

Hi All

Also worked EA8/HB9FIH not too sure if Erich was responding to my call or if I called over him because his signal was lost in qrn. very bad electrical noise and static here today. Will try 40m tonight.

73 Gerry G4OJF

--
gerry

Hans Summers

Hi all

I suddenly remembered at 3:50pm local time I still had to rush to the lost office with 3-days worth of QRP Labs packages to send out! Anyway I was back and on air by about 4:10pm with my QCX-40.

A lot of noise and not a lot of signals. A few ghosts but we didn't get as far as getting each others callsigns well enough.

Sveto YT1LS was the only station worked, but he was non-QRP non-QCX.

See you at 1900Z... 40m

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020, 17:24 Gerald Ball via Groups.Io <gerryball2=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All

Also worked EA8/HB9FIH not too sure if Erich was responding to my call or if I called over him because his signal was lost in qrn. very bad electrical noise and static here today. Will try 40m tonight.

73 Gerry G4OJF

--
gerry

Stephen Farthing G0XAR JO92ON97

Hans,

Was that the “lost office” or did you mean the “post office” ? Which back in the days when I was sending the kits out from England sometimes amounted to the same thing!

Greetings from a wet and windy England,

Steve G0XAR

N3MNT

Freudian slip

Peter GM0EUL

Two contacts at 1300, Erich EA8/HB9FIH for 3 points and Kreso 9A6RHJ running 100 watts to a horizontal quad.  I'll be back on 40m for the 1900 with a mix of QRP and QRO for qcx challenge and CWops practice.  Plan is to use my QCX40 and switch my amp in and out as appropriate.
73
Peter GM0EUL

CWops 1899. FISTS 18888, SKCC 16307, GQRP 15056

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 14:31, Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:
[...]

well 19:00 was a miss for me. RBN only gave EA5WU

Heard Hans a few times and he made a few QSOs. one to UT6M which I heard as well. Copied also EA8/HB9FIH
Band was almost empty. Heard an OX3 working JN6 and copied both. He was working split 1 up which my rig (no QCX on 40) can't.

For me thats it for February so hopefully the band will bei nicer in March.

73
Martin
DK3UW

PS Hans still QSOing

Hans Summers

Hi all

For the first 10 minutes I listened around and heard at least two different EA stations but they faded in and out and I wasn't able to copy a complete callsign; there were some other weak stations around too; then I worked:

JH1HDT Tad, received 559 report; that's my 1,000 miles per watt for this session!
R2VQ Sergey (FT900 to Dipole)
R3RT Nick (FT1000 to G5RV)
UT6MCU Nik (50W to Delta Loop)
GM0EUL Peter
OK2BQN Zdenek

Now Peter GM0EUL, he was 549 here, and I know him to be using a QCX... but he kind of faded out in QSB and it's hard to know whether that's a real QSO or not, certainly I didn't hear him tell me it was a QCX, so I am not sure whether to count that...

Then Zdenek OK2BQN, by the time I got his callsign it was after 2000Z... and I know he uses a QCX too, but he was so weak 439 at best, that I did not actually hear him tell me about the QCX... and he was after 2000Z by the time I finally got his callsign... so I am not sure whether to count that one either!

Anyway who cares! It was lots of fun!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 11:08 PM Martin <m.sellschopp@...> wrote:
well 19:00 was a miss for me. RBN only gave EA5WU

Heard Hans a few times and he made a few QSOs. one to UT6M which I heard as well. Copied also EA8/HB9FIH
Band was almost empty. Heard an OX3 working JN6 and copied both. He was working split 1 up which my rig (no QCX on 40) can't.

For me thats it for February so hopefully the band will bei nicer in March.

73
Martin
DK3UW

PS Hans still QSOing

Hans Summers

P.S. See you at 0300Z...

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 11:17 PM QRP Labs <hans.summers@...> wrote:
[...]

Not much luck here at all.  I heard Hans calling CQ but he was only about 229 and down, in and out of QSB.  I was using a QCX but was running about 70 watts at that time so I can't count it but Hans probably can for at least 1 point!  I copied the 54 of my report but nothing else really.  I switched to my K2 to see if it had a better receiver but nothing at all on that so went back to QCX and he was gone there too, so they're probably about the same.  I was also having problems with RF getting in somewhere I think.  When running the QCX at 70 watts it was sending extra dahs usually as I released the dit paddle.  Probably RF either bothering the internal keyer or the transistor (2N7000) that converts the 5V signal to a tip to ground PTT, I will investigate before the next QRO day.  Going back to QRP and everything was completely clean again.

40m is really poor in the early evening here at the moment which doesn't help, but should start improving as the days get longer.

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 20:18, Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi Peter

Thanks, 549 was indeed the report... thanks for trying!

Good fun in the 0300Z session, I worked 4 stations (none QRP, none QCX): SP8IOV, UY5BA, OM3TDD, OK2BYH.

73 Hans G0UPL