Topics

#vfo #lpf #lpf #vfo

Tom Puckett, W5JXM

Can someone tell me the AWG enameled wire size used on the toroids in the vfo/sysgen low pass filter kit?  I've got a couple that are banged up and need to be replaced.

Thanks...
/Tom

Gregg Myers

Hi Tom,

It turns out the wire size does not significantly impact the inductance with identical turns anyway, but I believe the LPF kits are 0.1mm which is closest to AWG 28. That should work well in any case!

73,
Gregg W7GRM