QRP Monthly Challenge

Rickw9rea@...

-- just wanted to say that I plan on working the last session from 0300 - 0400 from Indiana.  Looking forward to it.
Rick w9rea

Hans Summers

Yes Rick thanks for the reminder... tomorrow is the monthly QCX QRP challenge!
Hope to see some of you there!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 15:43 <Rickw9rea@...> wrote:

-- just wanted to say that I plan on working the last session from 0300 - 0400 from Indiana.  Looking forward to it.
Rick w9rea

Rickw9rea@...

-- Failed to mention 40 meters and hanging out around 7030 mhz
Rick w9rea

ON7DQ Luc

Don't forget to use the Chat page in the newsgroup, and post your activity.
I have been calling for half an hour on 20m , only 1 reply from a local ham, and no QCX ...
Now moving to 40m ...

Luc ON7DQ

Hans Summers

Hi all

<ashamed />... In the various trials and tribulations of fighting the online applications process for my 3-year residents permit extension, I forgot all about it... I realized just a few minutes before the end of the session. I heard OK2BQN on 7030.5 and answered but he was weak with a lot of QSB, then RT3O came up CQing on frequency and very loud here, and I couldn't work OK2BQN.

I heard some other QSO around 7030.0 but not for long enough to identify participants.

So there was some activity, which was great! I shall try to do better at 1900Z :-)

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 4:32 PM Luc ON7DQ <on7dq@...> wrote:
Don't forget to use the Chat page in the newsgroup, and post your activity.
I have been calling for half an hour on 20m , only 1 reply from a local ham, and no QCX ...
Now moving to 40m ...

Luc ON7DQ

Martin DK3UW

seams no one heard me alltough I got RBN 0n 20 m even from the us. Worked HB9AFI/P which was SOTA and non QRP 4Z4DX and QRP LZ1XN
No QCX. There was a Pile up on 14.0617 but I could not hear the Stn. Will try to borrow a 7 mhz QRP rig for 19 UTC

DK3UW
Martin

Zdenek OK2BQN

Poor conditions and great local interference (QRM)
DK1WU     200W
LB6BG      7W
OK2BQR   50W
PA0CMU   QCX  TNX

Zdenek OK2BQN

N3MNT

Fair conditions here.  One standard station and 2 QCX stations.
Try again at 1900hr.

Carel PA0CMU

I finally participated this challenge for the second time. Poor conditions here too but no QRM or interference today.

DH7BWM/qrp
DK4YF
OK2PUX  QCX
SP1G  200W
DM4MM  4W - KX1
OK2BQN  QCX (tnx Zdenek)

Martin DK3UW

heard a lot of stn but could not ge a single one despite good RBN feedback on 7 mhz
OK2BQN at the beginning but very week.

I give up for 2day
73s
Martin
DK3 UW

Brian N7BKV

With my QCX 40 I clearly heard KJ4BQS at about 1945z on 7030.  No joy on contact though.  I am grid CM97vu in California near Yosemite NP.  Will be back on for 0300 round.

GL

Brian N
N7BKV

Hans Summers

Hi all

Family life intervened and I only managed the last 20 minutes... I did work on 40m, 7029.5:

YU7AE Kara QRP, but not QCX
OM5VS Vlado (not QRP)

I was very pleased to be called, after the OM5VS QSO and just after 10pm local time here, by Tada JR1BLX... yes I QSO'ed Japan 9,000km with my 5W QCX 40m... very nice!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:04 PM Brian N7BKV <cl@...> wrote:
With my QCX 40 I clearly heard KJ4BQS at about 1945z on 7030.  No joy on contact though.  I am grid CM97vu in California near Yosemite NP.  Will be back on for 0300 round.

GL

Brian N
N7BKV

Hans Summers

Correction... JR1BLX just after 11pm local time (2000Z)...

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:16 PM Hans Summers via Groups.Io <hans.summers=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all

Family life intervened and I only managed the last 20 minutes... I did work on 40m, 7029.5:

YU7AE Kara QRP, but not QCX
OM5VS Vlado (not QRP)

I was very pleased to be called, after the OM5VS QSO and just after 10pm local time here, by Tada JR1BLX... yes I QSO'ed Japan 9,000km with my 5W QCX 40m... very nice!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:04 PM Brian N7BKV <cl@...> wrote:
With my QCX 40 I clearly heard KJ4BQS at about 1945z on 7030.  No joy on contact though.  I am grid CM97vu in California near Yosemite NP.  Will be back on for 0300 round.

GL

Brian N
N7BKV

N3MNT

Two 1900hr contact both non QCX. First contact was impressed any plans to order QCX.

neil G4BRK

Tried the 1300z session on 20m, as I have several times in the last few months.
Still no QSOs at all despite numerous RBN spots for my CQs all including US.
At least I heard some stations this time :-)  Antenna a 1/4 wave vertical.

Maybe 20m isn't the best band for QRP in the current radio conditions.

73,  Neil  G4BRK

Steve in Okinawa

Wow, I must stay awake next time for that time segment. I was on 40 shortly before 1300z and experienced the most rapid propagation collapse ever, from 599/599 with a Tokyo friend to unreadable the next minute. 20 was also dead of course, so i just shut down for the duration. JS6TMW

HB9FIH

Rick I have read you, abt 429  here in EA8 (IL07xs) - gave answer but no success.. next time.
--
---
73 de Erich

HB9FIH

HS0ZLS

Brian N7BKV

Saw you on RBN and listened and called many times.  No contact.  Sorry.
Clearly heard and called  N4SO at 0355 on 7039.6.  K4JTP many times.  KJ4BQS and KI6KU many times.  But no QSL from any.  I am in California near Yosemite NP.  Grid CM97vu

Derek Hansen <derek.hansen@...>

Thanks Brian! I’m glad to hear my signal made it out but sad I couldn’t hear you. I’m guessing propagation issues because last month CA stations were booming.

Peter GM0EUL

I missed the 1300 working in Glasgow and the 1900 driving home from Glasgow.  I really like the idea of using the chat feature, I usually get the messages by email so I'd never noticed there was a chat!  Will definitely use it next time.  Sounds as if most people experienced pretty poor conditions though.  If I have time to get my QCX to key my 100 watt Juma amp I'll try to join in the next QRO session.  Is it on 2nd Monday?

73
Peter GM0EUL