Topics

Strange chip upgrade problem #avr

buddybrownn5bud@...

I have had success in upgrading my 17M QCX using a pocket programmer.
However I also have a Chip that I purchased from QRPLabs (version T1.01a) that
I placed in the radio (it boots up correctly), however, The programmer will not
recognize the chip. I know that the programmer works because it reprogrammed
the original chip. Can anyone help, I would like to upgrade this chip to have a spare
at the latest version also.
Thanks es 72
Buddy N5BUD

Roger G4IUP

Hi Buddy.
That is strange as I have exactly the same problem with an old T1.01a chip. All others were upgraded seamlessly. Would like to know why also.
73 Roger G4IUP

Alan G4ZFQ

That is strange as I have exactly the same problem with an old T1.01a chip.
Roger,

I can't say why but as Buddy knows it IS the right chip then the programming software should be told to ignore the lack of recognition.
This seems to happen occasionally, it's happened to me.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

N3MNT

Did you try "detect chip" in the software app?

Roger G4IUP

Hello Alan.
Well I seem to recall I did tell Avrdudess to ignore and proceed but nothing happened. The initial readback was something odd like a string of zeroes. It works fine as T1.01a though. Still have it so will try again sometime. By the way I have learned an awful lot from your posts which are greatly appreciated!
73 Roger G4IUP