Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] So, what's the new kit?

Hi Ted

I was there ;-)    And now the RSGB now have it on video, see http://rsgb.org/main/about-us/yota-2017/watch-our-vlogs/ ... so I guess the secret's out and you should hear it from me ;-)

This kit will be ready and on sale in about 2 weeks, and costs $49 (approx 41 euros, 37 UK pounds). NO more pre-orders, please wait until it is in the shop.

The kit is a single band 5W CW transceiver kit with lots of features. It also contains a WSPR beacon mode. I'm attaching a photo of the prototype with and without the LCD module, because it doesn't show well in the video. List of features:

Easy to build, single-board design, 10 x 8cm, all are controls board-mounted
Professional quality double-sided, through-hole plated, silk-screen printed PCB
Choice of single band, 80, 40, 30, 20 or 17m
Approximately 3..5W CW output (depending on supply voltage)
12..15V supply voltage
Class E power amplifier, transistors run cool… even with no heatsinks
Good 7-element Low Pass Filter to ensure regulatory compliance
CW envelope shaping to remove key clicks
High performance receiver with at 50+ dB of unwanted sideband cancellation
200Hz CW filter without ringing
Si5351A Synthesized VFO with rotary encoder tuning
16 x 2 blue backlight LCD screen
Iambic keyer or straight key option included in the firmware
Simple Digital Signal Processing for a CW decoder, displayed real-time on-screen
On-screen S-meter
Full or semi QSK operation using fast solid-state transmit/receive switching
Frequency presets, VFO A/B Split operation, RIT, configurable CW Offset
Configurable sidetone frequency and volume
Connectors: Power, 3.5mm keyer jack, 3.5mm stereo earphone jack, BNC RF output
Onboard microswitch can be used as a simple straight Morse key
Built-in test signal generator and alignment tools to complete simple set-up adjustments
Built-in test equipment: voltmeter, RF power meter, frequency counter, signal generator
Beacon mode, supporting automatic CW or WSPR operation
GPS interface for reference frequency calibration and time-keeping (for WSPR beacon)

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

James Anderson

I MUST HAVE THIS..!!!!!!!

On 3 Aug 2017, at 12:11, Master Ice <special@...> wrote:

Hi Hans.

Prepare for the flood I'd say!
Sounds like another QRPlabs 'must have'.

I'm looking forward to it appearing in the shop

Slim Haines G4IPZ
[...]

I just put a page up on the QRP Labs website about the new kit http://qrp-labs.com/qcx.html

Nothing much there yet, apart from the same list of features I posted earlier, and the RSGB video. I added the two photos I sent earlier, and one more which shows menu item 9.5, the Frequency Counter facility, measuring the signal generated by menu item 9.6, the Signal Generator! The signal generator is set to 6MHz but since I had not connected my QLG1 GPS to calibrate the 27MHz synth reference or the 20MHz system clock, both the generated signal and the measured frequency are a little off frequency in that photo.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 2:50 PM, James Anderson <james21170@...> wrote:
[...]

Tapio OH2EYY

A fine kit indeed. I dreamed that it would have been a SSB transceiver kit geared towards digital modes with USB.

It's going to take some effort to learn CW.

Earl

Please order lots of components Hans, I am going to want one of those.

Earl, VA6TJ

John AE5X

"VFO A/B Split operation"

Thank you!

73,
John AE5X
https://ae5x.blogspot.com

Bob Macklin <macklinbob@...>

Learn to operate CW with CW Get and CW Type.

They are good for OLD FARTS with shaky hands and poor memory!

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa.
"Real Radios Glow In The Dark"