Topics

50W PA R5 adjustment... what do you find? Stuck on Stupid...

Brian N7BKV

You are right, Ronald.  I am using an automatic DVM and I failed to notice it moved over a decimal place.  So my "6  to 8"  is actually 60 to 80 mA.
Sheesh...these new fangled DVM's are out of my depth I guess!
I correctly re-adjusted R5 and all is happy in the world now.

73

Brian N
N7BKV

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 07:37 AM, Ronald Taylor wrote:

Brian, 6-8 mA current draw during tune up is not correct. It should be 60-80 mA typically. You indicate the amp works fine. If that's the case, you might want to check your ammeter on a known load. I don't think it's reading correctly. What does it indicate for current flow when actually amplifying RF?