Topics

#40m QCX+ in CWops mini-CWT test #40m

Steven Dick

Hi all. I participated in the CW Ops mini CWT contest this morning at 0300Z, using my 40 meter QCX+.  The little rig held its own, and I made 20 contacts in the hour I operated from Norwalk CT, including two Canada contacts.  Based on my skill level, I was very pleased with my results.  The little rig performed well in the very crowded contest. On a good day with a 100 watt rig, I could do about 30 contacts in the hour.  I enjoyed it because I learned how the rig behaves in a busy contest as well as sharpening my QRP skills under contest conditions.

-Steve K1RF

Shane Justice

Steve,
Glad to hear you had a good cwt experience! I'm looking forward to this evening's test.

Cheers,
Shane