Topics

#40m #40m

Don Blachura

Finished my second QCX+.
Having trouble tuning I-Q bal. Stays at 13 doesn't move.
Phase LO and HIgh is 13 also ,wont move with tuning.
What do I check?

Use the rig on cw this morning in the cwt test and got many q's
checked signal o  panadapter  clean and narrow

Don..w2xb

Phil/K3UT (ex W3HZZ)

I had a similar problem and when I replaced the cracked 2x3 connect on the potentiometer side of the front panel, the problem went away.
Phil K3UT

Ronald Taylor

Hi Don. The phase and balance null adjustments depend on having controllable volume at a measuring point past the volume control. If you are hearing signals off the air as indicated, then a first check is that the volume control is working properly, ie. Does it turn all the way down to zero? If not, you may have one or more of the volume control pins not making contact with the board. Check for continuity from the pin of the pot to the other side of the board, especially on the grounded pin. You may have to insert a short piece of wire through the hole and solder it to the board and the pot pin to make a good connection.

Ron

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 10:37 AM Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Finished my second QCX+.
Having trouble tuning I-Q bal. Stays at 13 doesn't move.
Phase LO and HIgh is 13 also ,wont move with tuning.
What do I check?

Use the rig on cw this morning in the cwt test and got many q's
checked signal o  panadapter  clean and narrow

Don..w2xb

N3MNT

It is possible to damage the compression connection between the element in the pot and the pins while bending the pins,  Check connection between the element and the pins.  If open, you can use a thin needle nose pliers to squeeze the compression fit.