Topics

Receiver Polyphase kit #polyphase #rcvr

Mike Berg

I recently built and installed a QRP Labs polyphase adaptor to use the QRP Labs Tayloe receiver with software lacking support for I/Q decoding.
I had socketed C1 and C2 when I built the receiver to support this.
I also installed jumpers on the polyphase pcb to switch between USB and LSB.
It works as advertised with data.  I was also able to decode USB MFSK-16 signals using Fldigi, which was one of my goals.
I was quite surprised to find when I connected the receiver to an amplified speaker (no computer), the LSB SSB audio on 40m was quite pleasant as long as the nearby freqs were quiet.
Not bad for $11 bucks.

73
Mike N0QBH