Topics

science project

Bill Allen

The little QCX transmitter may very well be the best ever science project. At any rate, I have been having an extreme great time playing "scientist" with him!  All by way of saying that I finally got the WSPR feature cooking.  I never did get the QLRG reviver working - it may be that the basement is not a good place for GPS reception . . .
But, by using the IC-7300 for frequency calibration and my atomic clock to set the time I finally got some hits on the reflector; happy am I!
The ongoing project is to calibrate the system oscillator so that the time will stay with me.
And, what a great tool for antenna mapping - already can see that my miserable elevated vertical needs more radials at the south.
THANKS for all the fun Hans!