Topics

QCX improved RIT #qcx

Julian Forsey

I struggled to upgrade to firmware 1.01a, but it was really worth it!
The improved RIT makes life so much easier, especially when listening after a CQ call.
Without having to click any buttons, I can just swish around a few kilohertz each side of my calling frequency and be sure of hearing any callers. Brilliant!
A great improvement, thanks Hans.
73s
Julian, G4ETS

Hans Summers

Hi Julian

Glad you like it, me too! It's a nice improvement in operating convenience. For next time I want to also make it so that you can initiate message memory transmissions without leaving RIT mode too. That would be very cool.

If you decide to operate in the style where you camp on a frequency and CQ and work whoever calls you, rather than tuning around answering other people's CQs... then leaving the rotary encoder operating the RIT is really slick, it eliminates frantic button pushing.

73 Hans G0UPL