Error no WSPR map #wspr

Mike Berg

Since yesterday I keep getting an error message after the Google map disappears when loading WSPR net maps.

Is this issue on my end or does it affect everyone?

73  Mike N0QBH

John Canfield <bucket@...>

Same thing here:

Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

--
John, WB5THT

Andy Brilleaux <punkbiscuit@...>

Sshhh don't mention WSPRNET.ORG on here, the topic police will get you ;-)

73 de Andy

Roger Hill

Me too.

Roger

On 2 Oct 2019, at 13:11, Mike Berg <mikeberg@...> wrote:

Since yesterday I keep getting an error message after the Google map disappears when loading WSPR net maps.

Is this issue on my end or does it affect everyone?

73  Mike N0QBH

jjpurdum

It could be that Google now requires the payment of a fee for any app that interfaces with Google Maps. If you're having issues and it's a web app, try running it in the Google Chrome browser. I've found some apps run under Chrome, but not other browsers (e.g., Firefox, Explorer).

I've quit using anything that is Google-branded, mainly because they sell your information. Their gmail also gives them the right to read and distribute the content of your emails. If you're doing consulting with NDA's, you shouldn't be using Google. I'm now using DuckDuckGo for all my searches and I can't see any difference, other than if I do a political search, the results aren't skewed towards a liberal viewpoint.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 8:59:50 AM EDT, Roger Hill <rhill@...> wrote:

Me too.

Roger

On 2 Oct 2019, at 13:11, Mike Berg <mikeberg@...> wrote:

Since yesterday I keep getting an error message after the Google map disappears when loading WSPR net maps.

Is this issue on my end or does it affect everyone?

73  Mike N0QBH

Alan G4ZFQ

Since yesterday I keep getting an error message after the Google map disappears when loading WSPR net maps.
Mike

WSPRnet provides answers http://wsprnet.org/drupal/node/8176#new and other posts.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Michael.2E0IHW

Is there an equivalent to DDG for the UK?
I use DDG when I can, but it understandably
relates mainly to US site searches.

Michael 2E0IHW

On 02/10/2019 14:10, jjpurdum via Groups.Io wrote:
I've quit using anything that is Google-branded, mainly because they sell your information. Their gmail also gives them the right to read and distribute the content of your emails.
I'm now using DuckDuckGo for all my searches and I can't see any difference,
Jack, W8TEE

Mike Berg

I have not been able to login to this site.

Apparently, I was registered at one time, but I've lost the password and am unable to contact the webmaster.

73  Mike N0QBH