Topics

QCX components needed for latest hardware revision.

Stephen Thompson <sgthompson512@...>

I'd like to perform the post April 12 revisions; to (CW shaping) and the (R24 phase shift adjustment range fix) to my QCX. I live in Austin, TX and am striking out on finding a source of non bulk component parts. Fry's electronics was no help at all. All I need are a couple of resistors and a capacitor to complete this hardware update. Would anyone here know of a good source for us hobbyists.

73 de K5PK
Steve

Peter GM0EUL

Hi Steve
I've had stuff from eBay and Amazon, try there if you haven't already.  If it's just a couple of resistors and a capacitor I'd be happy to give them to you (if I have them, what values do you need?) but I live in Scotland, still the offer's there for the price of the postage.

73
Peter GM0EUL

SkipF, NT1G <skip.flem@...>

I use www.taydaelectronics.com
 And get the parts in a week.
73 de SkipF, NT1G

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019, 12:36 AM Stephen Thompson <sgthompson512@...> wrote:
I'd like to perform the post April 12 revisions; to (CW shaping) and the (R24 phase shift adjustment range fix) to my QCX. I live in Austin, TX and am striking out on finding a source of non bulk component parts. Fry's electronics was no help at all. All I need are a couple of resistors and a capacitor to complete this hardware update. Would anyone here know of a good source for us hobbyists.

73 de K5PK
Steve

Bob Benedict, KD8CGH

I have also used Tayda as well as the traditional Digi-Key and Mouser.

K2DB Paul Mackanos

Digikey

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 12:36 AM Stephen Thompson <sgthompson512@...> wrote:
I'd like to perform the post April 12 revisions; to (CW shaping) and the (R24 phase shift adjustment range fix) to my QCX. I live in Austin, TX and am striking out on finding a source of non bulk component parts. Fry's electronics was no help at all. All I need are a couple of resistors and a capacitor to complete this hardware update. Would anyone here know of a good source for us hobbyists.

73 de K5PK
Steve

jjpurdum

I think, at one time or another, I've probably used most of the well-known vendors (Digikey, Mouser, Arrow, etc.). Tayda Electronics' prices are tough to beat and I have yet to get a "bad" part from them. Also, they have a distribution facility in CO, so shipping time is usually pretty good. (If you order a non-stocked part, it comes from Thailand which lengths the shipping period.) While I now tend to use with the "North America only" checkbox on eBay, foreign vendors have caught on and it seems that many are using PO Boxes with US addresses so they appear to be domestic. Most vendors, however, know that if they advertise a "arrive by" date in their ads and it's much later than that, eBay issues them a nastygram to correct it or lose their listing. Just pay attention to the "arrive by" date.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:36:57 AM EDT, Stephen Thompson <sgthompson512@...> wrote:

I'd like to perform the post April 12 revisions; to (CW shaping) and the (R24 phase shift adjustment range fix) to my QCX. I live in Austin, TX and am striking out on finding a source of non bulk component parts. Fry's electronics was no help at all. All I need are a couple of resistors and a capacitor to complete this hardware update. Would anyone here know of a good source for us hobbyists.

73 de K5PK
Steve

Greg Walters

I'm also a Tayda, Digi-Key, and Mouser user. Usually vary between them based on the item I'm seeking. You can't really beat the prices on Tayda, but they don't have as an extensive inventory selection as Mouser or Digi-Key.

There's my two cents.
Greg
KY4GW

Jack Brabham - KZ5A

Try Mouser.com, they ship from Mansfield, TX you'll probably receive your parts in 2 days.

73 Jack KZ5A

On 7/17/2019 10:29 PM, Stephen Thompson wrote:
I'd like to perform the post April 12 revisions; to (CW shaping) and the (R24 phase shift adjustment range fix) to my QCX. I live in Austin, TX and am striking out on finding a source of non bulk component parts. Fry's electronics was no help at all. All I need are a couple of resistors and a capacitor to complete this hardware update. Would anyone here know of a good source for us hobbyists.

73 de K5PK
Steve

Chris Hoffman

I also upgraded my QCX unit as I was building it.

I was able to order individual components from Digikey.com.  You just have to search through a large catalog of components.

Chris Hoffman
WA2SEM

Stephen Thompson <sgthompson512@...>

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I'm sure now I'll find what I need to complete this QCX hardware update.

73
Steve
K5PK

Paul Galburt - K2AYZ

I just ordered some random parts I can use from Tayda to see how they perform. Shipping was $2 which is VERY good.

Thanks for the hint,

73, Paul K2AYZ