Lost Package?


Dan Rahn
 

Did anyone else place an order on or about June 12 that shipped from US (Missouri) and has not yet been delivered? It shipped on the 13th and estimated to be delivered on the 17th. The last movement was on June 13th, "Departed Post Office SEDALIA, MO 65301" Here we are, 8 days after the estimated delivery date and the tracking still says: "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." I'm preparing to file a "missing mail search request" for which the USPS wants additional details I do not have and I have not yet heard back from QRP Labs. I place no blame on QRP Labs for this as it was shipped promptly from the US distribution site, but it has been rather disheartening as I was really looking forward to building this kit and I am growing ever more impatient with the USPS. I feel I waited less time for the 40m QCX that shipped from Turkey!

On a side note, does anyone have pictures of an unopened, kitted up 20m QCX  & dummy load they can send me? There is a place to add pictures on the USPS lost mail search site and maybe this will aid in the search.


Tim Boyer
 

Give it some time. USPS is notoriously slow lately. I recently sent a package from Cincinnati to Boston and it took 3 weeks! I too received the same message as you did. That's why I thought I'd share it with you. I was about to file a claim, but then it arrived. Better off using any other delivery service if you can. Best of luck. But be prepared to be patient.


On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, 12:58 AM Dan Rahn <k8ec@...> wrote:
Did anyone else place an order on or about June 12 that shipped from US (Missouri) and has not yet been delivered? It shipped on the 13th and estimated to be delivered on the 17th. The last movement was on June 13th, "Departed Post Office SEDALIA, MO 65301" Here we are, 8 days after the estimated delivery date and the tracking still says: "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." I'm preparing to file a "missing mail search request" for which the USPS wants additional details I do not have and I have not yet heard back from QRP Labs. I place no blame on QRP Labs for this as it was shipped promptly from the US distribution site, but it has been rather disheartening as I was really looking forward to building this kit and I am growing ever more impatient with the USPS. I feel I waited less time for the 40m QCX that shipped from Turkey!

On a side note, does anyone have pictures of an unopened, kitted up 20m QCX  & dummy load they can send me? There is a place to add pictures on the USPS lost mail search site and maybe this will aid in the search.


Jack Brabham - KZ5A
 

I use USPS Priority Mail extensively and have had very very few problems.  On the other hand I avoid FEDEX like the plague, I'm always amazed when FEDEX actually makes a timely residential delivery.  Right now I'm looking for puppy meds from KY. that FEDEX has had for ten days.

The attached pic is not exactly what you were looking for but maybe it will help.

73 Jack KZ5A





On 6/25/2019 11:05 PM, Tim Boyer wrote:
Give it some time. USPS is notoriously slow lately. I recently sent a package from Cincinnati to Boston and it took 3 weeks! I too received the same message as you did. That's why I thought I'd share it with you. I was about to file a claim, but then it arrived. Better off using any other delivery service if you can. Best of luck. But be prepared to be patient.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, 12:58 AM Dan Rahn <k8ec@...> wrote:
Did anyone else place an order on or about June 12 that shipped from US (Missouri) and has not yet been delivered? It shipped on the 13th and estimated to be delivered on the 17th. The last movement was on June 13th, "Departed Post Office SEDALIA, MO 65301" Here we are, 8 days after the estimated delivery date and the tracking still says: "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." I'm preparing to file a "missing mail search request" for which the USPS wants additional details I do not have and I have not yet heard back from QRP Labs. I place no blame on QRP Labs for this as it was shipped promptly from the US distribution site, but it has been rather disheartening as I was really looking forward to building this kit and I am growing ever more impatient with the USPS. I feel I waited less time for the 40m QCX that shipped from Turkey!

On a side note, does anyone have pictures of an unopened, kitted up 20m QCX  & dummy load they can send me? There is a place to add pictures on the USPS lost mail search site and maybe this will aid in the search.



Dan Rahn
 

Thanks all! I was able to get in touch with Hans & the shipper he uses here in the states and got the info I needed. Appreciate all the feedback. I hope it shows up sooner than later, I'm ready to build!


Fabien, F4IDL
 

Did someone in France had an alert on the tracking page ? I don't have anything new since a week and don't know who or where to ask.

Thanks and 73.


Alan de G1FXB
 

Fabien,
Have you consulted the shipping information page
http://qrp-labs.com/shipping.html

From 150 orders dispatched, 26 recipients provided feedback back to Hans they had received their order......
Their AVERAGE order waiting time was 13 days.

When was your last update sent and what was the information provided?

regards Alan

On 26/06/2019 14:43, Fabien, F4IDL wrote:
Did someone in France had an alert on the tracking page ? I don't have anything new since a week and don't know who or where to ask.

Thanks and 73.


Fabien, F4IDL
 

Hello,
Yes, I've consulted the shipping information page. The last updates I have are :
TÜRKIYE, France (Yurt Disi), Send item to domestic location (Inb)
Votre envoi vient d'arriver en France.

I guess the weird timing comes from different updates, but since this, nothing has changed. The order was shipped on 2019 06 03, so I'm still under the max time for delivery in France.

In fact, I just wanted to know if someone else in France had had such delays without nothing changing. And if someone else, more important, had the orange Alert warning sign. I don't know if I should wait some more time or anything else, and if anything else, what to do ?


Well, anyway, thank you for your answer Alan.

I hope someone will have experienced it and be able to tell me more.

73,
Fabien
F4IDL


Alan de G1FXB
 

Hello Fabien,

On 27/06/2019 17:35, Fabien, F4IDL wrote:
Hello,
Yes, I've consulted the shipping information page. The last updates I have are :
T??RKIYE, France (Yurt Disi), Send item to domestic location (Inb)
Votre envoi vient d'arriver en France.

As Hans has previously stated, the orders are sent using a normal airmail service, the tracking updates are provided out of courtesy by the parcel handlers and may appear out of sequence.
It's not promised to be real time tracking.

Two important points from your updates provided are:
PTT, the Turkish Postal carrier has delivered and processed the parcel to it's central hub, and handed over the package for collection to your nations Postal service.
Hans has little control what happens from now on, it's become the responsibility for the destination countries carrier or their appointed agent to arrange collection.
It's doubtful a French postal only carrier will charter an aeroplane especially to pick up your one parcel, they may wait until there is a number of packages that require collection.
It may travel on an indirect route to your country. Maybe it travels in the spare hold capacity of passenger aircraft where it becomes available.

Good news, you have an update indicating it was collected by your nations postal service and has arrived in the French mail hub for processing & onward delivery by the French postal system.


I guess the weird timing comes from different updates, but since this, nothing has changed. The order was shipped on 2019 06 03, so I'm still under the max time for delivery in France.

In fact, I just wanted to know if someone else in France had had such delays without nothing changing. And if someone else, more important, had the orange Alert warning sign. I don't know if I should wait some more time or anything else, and if anything else, what to do ?


Just sit back, the 13 days was an AVERAGE, not the longest time it has taken. That is also given on the shipping page, and subject to change out of Hans control.

Imagine the trepidation when you send pieces if equipment valued at two hundred thousand dollars around the world.
They ship in two packages, so twice the potential for error.
They all arrive, but sometimes a week apart.....

Be sure to send Hans an update when your package arrives, so he may update the shipping page to reflect your experience when he next has time.

Alan

??
Well, anyway, thank you for your answer Alan.

I hope someone will have experienced it and be able to tell me more.

73,
Fabien
F4IDL


Stefan
 

Hi Fabien,

I ordered on 2019-06-17 and my last update was on 2019-06-22. See the picture attached.
It's also an orange exclamation mark.

I think we have to wait ;-)

73s,
Stefan


Fabien, F4IDL
 

Thank you again Alan. I was worried but all you write is making things clear. I'll sure let Hans know as soon as i receive my package.

Thanks to you too Stefan, it's always good to know you're not alone in the boat.

Now, just wish me patience.

My best 73 to you two.

Fabien
F4IDL


Stefan
 

Fabien,

my order was delivered today. So it took 12 days from Turkey to Germany (2019-06-18 till 2019-06-29).
Hope you will receive your order soon :-)

73s,
Stefan