Topics

QCX QSO Party Monday 24th #qcx #qrp-dx

Peter GM0EUL

Hi All
Its the last Monday tomorrow (24th) so its QCX QSO party day.  Sessions are at 1300z, 1900z and 0300z (Tuesday morning here, still Monday in Americas).  Don't forget to post your scores on 3830 (link from QRP Labs website).  I hope to be on but we have a yellow warning for thunderstorms for tonight and tomorrow so I'll wait and see how it looks.

Any new members are encouraged to join in, its friendly and relatively slow, details on the website

https://www.qrp-labs.com/party.html

Hope to catch some of you tomorrow.

73
Peter
GM0EUL

Steve Raas - N2JDQ - FN13DD

After a weekend of Tree trimming, I could use some relax time! I'll be on (N2JDQ/4 From Lynchburg VA)...probabaly for the 1300Z show.. perhaps 1900Z as well.. as far as 0300Z goes.. we will see..thats a bit late for me. Still just a low low dipole..so there wont be any big sig from me thats for sure. The aforementioned tree trimming is all in an effort to eventually get wire up high..VERY high..but its going to take a LOT of effort..one day at a time on my end.

-Steve Raas
N2JDQ/4

Hans Summers

Thanks Peter!

Good luck everyone. I'm still in Germany post- Friedrichshafen hamfest and won't be home until very late tonight (early hours, Tuesday morning). So won't be able to participate this time. Will see you (hear you) next month! Have fun!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019, 21:01 Peter GM0EUL <gm0eul@...> wrote:
Hi All
Its the last Monday tomorrow (24th) so its QCX QSO party day.  Sessions are at 1300z, 1900z and 0300z (Tuesday morning here, still Monday in Americas).  Don't forget to post your scores on 3830 (link from QRP Labs website).  I hope to be on but we have a yellow warning for thunderstorms for tonight and tomorrow so I'll wait and see how it looks.

Any new members are encouraged to join in, its friendly and relatively slow, details on the website

https://www.qrp-labs.com/party.html

Hope to catch some of you tomorrow.

73
Peter
GM0EUL

Peter GM0EUL

Safe travels Hans, hope the show went well for you.

All the best
Peter
GM0EUL

Steve in Okinawa

Lots of EU on 17 ft8 just now 1300z, and i was spotted on 20 cw in europe, but didn't hear anyone.

Zdenek OK2BQN

Very bad conditions at 13:00Z. For 20m 2QSO for 40m 4QSO. No QCX station.
73
Zdenek
OK2BQN

Steve Raas - N2JDQ - FN13DD

I missed the 1300z session...hoping for the 1900z to be on. My brother is coming to town today, which I forgot about,  so wi th luck ill be on.

Steve Raas
N2JDQ/4

Hi all

Martin

13:00dead band on 20 and also 40

19:00 glad to find at least G4GIR Ian with a lot of ups and downs QSB. Swtched to 40 with a non QCX QRP Rig and met

GM 0 EUL andM0CVR which I believe were no QCX nor QRP Lots of QSB and QRM

Martin
DK3UW

G4GIR

Hello Marin

Yes the band was very up and down, but we made a QSO!! QCX 20 and a 5 MHz dipole, the QSB WAS very deep.

CU Next time, hope cndx are btr.

72/73

Ian G4GIR

19:00 glad to find at least G4GIR Ian with a lot of ups and downs QSB. Swtched to 40 with a non QCX QRP Rig and met

GM 0 EUL andM0CVR which I believe were no QCX nor QRP Lots of QSB and QRM

Martin
DK3UW

Peter GM0EUL

Hi Martin
Great to work you in the 1900 session.  Very difficult conditions qsb, qrm and qrn.  Running a QCX40, about 3.3 Watts to dipole.

73
Peter, GM0EUL

N3MNT

I was surprised to see that 40 was better at 1900 than at 1300 in the US.  4 Q's to of which were with QCX.
73
N3MNT
Bob

Steve Raas - N2JDQ - FN13DD

The 1st and second sessions, I got rather busy...then just as i was about to lay down for bed, I realized the time n hopped on 40m between .030 and .034....cq'd for about 35 minutes, but not even the RBN stations were hearing me. Oh well...perhaps next time.

Steve Raas
N2JDQ/4

Gary Bernard

I was on 40, worked WZ6T in CA,got a 349, I don't believe he was QCX. Also attempted a QSO with a W4 but condx were terrible and never had a QSO. Otherwise I called CQ a number of times with no result. Bad, Bad Bad condx. Better luck next month.
73, Gary, W0CKI

The 1st and second sessions, I got rather busy...then just as i was about to lay down for bed, I realized the time n hopped on 40m between .030 and .034....cq'd for about 35 minutes, but not even the RBN stations were hearing me. Oh well...perhaps next time.

Steve Raas
N2JDQ/4

Rickw9rea@...

Worked 0300 made 2 contacts qcx to qcx storms had passed through southern Indiana earlier in the day static crashes were not bad. Had a lot of fun. Thanks Hans for a fun little rig!
--
Rick w9rea

K2DB Paul Mackanos

RBN Spots

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 12:24 AM <Rickw9rea@...> wrote:
Worked 0300 made 2 contacts qcx to qcx storms had passed through southern Indiana earlier in the day static crashes were not bad. Had a lot of fun. Thanks Hans for a fun little rig!
--
Rick w9rea

Martin

Hi Peter,

yes very difficult indeed. I did miss most of your second over and your signal came back just for the 73's. On 40 I use a homebrew rig by DK3UM with 5 w into a dipole so no QCX. I only own a QCX for 20 m.
No Keyer for that rig so have to use the good old Junkers and as you may have noticed lost a bit the rythm. I think QLF ist the term for that.

Martin
DK3UW