Topics

#QCX : Is toroid's manufacturer Amidon? #qcx

Axel

Hi,

is the manufacturer of the toroids L1, L2, L3 and L4 Amidon?

(Just seeking for the reason of low power output of my newly built QCX.
Have ruled out capacitors, value of inductances, properly removed
isolation of enameled wire, etc.)

73 Axel DF1ET

Russ@va3rr

I've read that Amidon is a reseller of Micrometals toroids. I bought some powdered iron cores on Ebay from a chinese vendor that were not great...

Axel

Thank you for the hint. - I now found out, that while doing my measurements I accidentally damaged (not completely destroyed) the driver IC 74ACT00 and hence missinterpreted the result. Significant power loss didn't result from toroid cores but from capacitors.

Axel