Topics

QCX party on Monday 27th May #qcx #qrp-dx

Peter GM0EUL

Good evening everyone

Remember its the last Monday tomorrow so its the QCX party.  Fun for all and conditions seem reasonable today so fingers crossed it will stay good.  Hope to catch some of you on the air and if you haven't tried it yet please do, its great fun and a good opportunity to get some qcx/qcx contacts.

Don't worry if you are a beginner at cw or don't consider yourself a contester.  Its not a contest and everyone is very friendly and accommodating.

Rules and info here https://www.qrp-labs.com/party.html

73
Peter GM0EUL

Steve in Okinawa

European friends, please aim your 20 meter antenna toward Japan for part of the 1300-1400z session, and I'll be listening around .060. I'll also be checking 40-meters for NA same session. JS6TMW

Tony McUmber

Don't see us listed on 3830 Scores today.  I went there to post my TWO (2) CONTACTS (1 QCX-QCX), but found no listing for QCX group.  Also looks like their "current contests" listing is about 3 days behind.  Am I missing something?

73, Tony N0BPA

Kenneth Grimm

If you are really concerned about this, you will find a contact link at the bottom of every 3830 page.  Ask Bruce what's going on if you like.
73,
Ken - K4XL (still working on a QCX 40)

--
Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive

N3MNT

Just checked and I see QCX listed near bottom of list

Peter GM0EUL

It wasn't there straight after the party but I went back just now, planning to email Bruce, and its all fixed.  I've just entered my score so all seems to be working properly.

73
Peter GM0EUL

Lloyd K3ESE

first-tires question: as there are three portions to the event, should I enter my total at the end, or after each portion?

Tony McUmber

Hi Lloyd!

Yes, and as you wish.  See you out there!

73, Tony N0BPA

Martin

for 19 utc 20 m no stn heard arourd 14060. not many stations on the band except a big pile up for KP2/DL5CW

So went on  40 m and had a QSO with Hans finally and with Ian G4GIR making it 2 QCX contacts but using an QRP home brew rig from a friend.
So no QCX on my side.

73s
Martin

Martin

Martin = DK3UW

Hans Summers

Thanks for the nice QSO Martin!

I worked one QCX-QCX QSO, with F5JKK.

And Martin 2x QRP.

Other than that, 4 other stations which I believe were non-QCX.

I will see you at 0300Z on 7030. Sleep? What's that?

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, May 27, 2019, 23:05 Martin <m.sellschopp@...> wrote:
for 19 utc 20 m no stn heard arourd 14060. not many stations on the band except a big pile up for KP2/DL5CW

So went on  40 m and had a QSO with Hans finally and with Ian G4GIR making it 2 QCX contacts but using an QRP home brew rig from a friend.
So no QCX on my side.

73s
Martin

Chris Wood

1300z session on 30m pretty lonely.  Only 2 stations audible in and out of QSB, neither worked, no response to CQs.  Ah well, I did get my GPSDO working so afternoon not a complete wash-out.

Try again next time.

Chris
G4CWS

Denis Collins

Had a go at the 19:00 session on 30 meters for my first QCX party. Band was lively with good activity levels. Skip distances seemed long with near in signals down on usual.
No QCX or anyone calling /QRP heard. IK4EWX, UA2FAK, SW8WW, LA/DL2FR on EU-033 and S57V all worked in the hour.

Didn't call CQ at all so maybe the next time I'll try a few CQ QCX's and see that that stirs up!

73, Denis EI6IF

John Pagett

I hadn't realised 30m was being used. I understand that we can't score because that makes it a "contest". I'll try to join in next time.

73
John
G4YTJ
30m QCX

Peter GM0EUL

I did better on 40m at 1900z.  Worked two qcx/qcx qsos with Eric F5JKK and Jens DG2FDD.  Then a few minutes after the end of the session Martin called me (qrp/qrp), not a QCX but a very nice signal.  Then a couple of others but running 150 and 100 watts.

I tried calling LX/GM0OBX, who was dominating the World on 7031.9, but I couldn't remember how to get my QCX to split.  I think I was doing it right, I had both VFOs displayed but I'll need to read the manual again to make sure.

I won't stay up for the 0300 (0400 local time here which I consider the middle of the night!)  I'm sure I'll meet some of you over the next few weeks on other activities and see you all for the next party in June.

73,
Peter GM0EUX

Martin

Peter,

it was nice to work you just after 20:00. On 40 I have a hombrew rig by my friend DK 3 UW Nice littel rig as well.  Unfortunately no Keyer so I had to use the standard Key and noticed I lost that rhythm a bit.  For the QCX split freq. up is mostly 1 up so go th the B VFO and set it 1 up and then go to A B. The QCX will then listen on A and transmit on B.

73s
Martin DK3 UW

R. Tyson

"I tried calling LX/GM0OBX, who was dominating the World on 7031.9, but I couldn't remember how to get my QCX to split.  I think I was doing it right, I had both VFOs displayed but I'll need to read the manual again to make sure. "

I managed to get a contact with him but I was using my Ten Tec Omni at 80 W, it took me a few attempts to work out his callsign as the band was poor and noisy here, he was also steaming along a bit.

I just called him on frequency - no split and he came straight back. He was getting a lot of attention.

I wanted to use my QCX rig but the band was in poor shape, or was it my piece of damp string antenna ?

Reg    G4NFR