Topics

SWR qsx reboots #antenna

hanz PA3ZZ

OM's
Just build the qsx 40meters.
RX is perfect
TX perfect on a dummload.
When i connect my antenna, swr 1:1.38, measured with rigexpert and a press the paddle or key the qcx restarts.
Connecting a dummy load,all fine, output 3 watts by 12 volt.

Anny ideas

tnx 73 hanz yl3jd

Joe Street

Common mode current?  How did you RF ground the QCX?  What kind of antenna/feedline?  Any common mode choke used?

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:58 PM hanz PA3ZZ <hanz@...> wrote:
OM's
Just build the qsx 40meters.
RX is perfect
TX perfect on a dummload.
When i connect my antenna, swr 1:1.38, measured with rigexpert and a press the paddle or key the qcx restarts.
Connecting a dummy load,all fine, output 3 watts by 12 volt.

Anny ideas

tnx 73 hanz yl3jd

paul wegwert

Hanz,

I think you mean QCX. Try a different power supply. It may be drawing more current than the p/s can handle. Also check you antenna connections. The QCX may be drawing more current when using the antenna vice the dummy load due to a higher SWR. I have had that happen to me with a wall wart and bad SWR meter.

Good luck,

73's

Paul
KD9JYV

hanz PA3ZZ

Joe and Paul,

MNI TNX !!!!
Perfect. I changed from a power supply to the battery and i works perfect. Found my self on rnb .

Many thanks guys.
VY 73 hanz

Jess Gypin

Bad ground shorting out power. With the power disconnected measure the resistance from positive to negative connections. Then connect your antenna and measure the resistance power to ground. With the antenna connected it will read much lower resistance indicating a short to ground. If the antenna has an earth ground, then the dummy load would have a floating ground not creating a short. Make all resistance measurements with the power disconnected!

Jess AE0CW

On May 8, 2019, at 11:57 AM, hanz PA3ZZ <hanz@...> wrote:

OM's
Just build the qsx 40meters.
RX is perfect
TX perfect on a dummload.
When i connect my antenna, swr 1:1.38, measured with rigexpert and a press the paddle or key the qcx restarts.
Connecting a dummy load,all fine, output 3 watts by 12 volt.

Anny ideas

tnx 73 hanz yl3jd

John AE5X

I wish you had just built the QSX because that would mean that I was also building mine...
--
John AE5X
https://ae5x.blogspot.com

hanz PA3ZZ

Thanks Jess,
It works now but i still gonna do the measurement you described.

TU my vy 73 hanz YL3JD