Topics

QCX Party #chat

ON7DQ Luc

A new chat has been created:

If anyone is looking at this chat, I'm setting up for 20m for the first session at 13:00Z
I can't use 14.060 because of a continous solar panel QRM, so I will be a bit hgher ... 14.061 or up
GL all
Luc - ON7DQ

View/Join This Chat

Brian N7BKV

I have been on 7030 since 1300 UTC.  Only faint indiscernible singals.  Possibly SSB from Far East.  Will keep trying.
QTH California
GL

Brian N
N7BKV

Brian N7BKV

11dB spot from VE6JY.  1152 Miles.  But cannot find any  QCX CW.

Brian N
N7BKV

Brian N7BKV

At 1326 on 7029.90 or so about three stations.  Lots of QRN, QSB.

Brian N
N7BKV

n4qa at_hotmail.com

Stock QCX-17 on 12m, near 24891 kHz.
Nothing heard and no RBN spots...yet !
72 / 73,
Bill, N4QA

Brian N7BKV

Game on. Numerous stations in the neighborhood around 1340z.  Could not get discern the calls.

Brian N
N7BKV

Brian N7BKV

KC7MVO?

Steve Raas - N2JDQ - FN13DD

Worked 3 on 40m, all were QCX OPS,  AJ8S JIM,  KE4RG KEN & N3MNT BOB...thanks guys for calling in this morning!

Steve Raas
N2JDQ
FN13DD

Brian N7BKV

One clear signal that drifted before I could catch the full call.  Lots of signals buried in our morning grey line noise.

Numerous spots from VE7CC 792 mi, VE6JY 1152 mi north, and KO7SS 610 mi south.

Still listening on 7030 and a station is sending but buried in the QRN.  1410z

WiIl be back at 1900z !

Brian N
N7BKV

Colin Weaving

Tried 20M @ 1300 hrs this afternoon without success. Nothing heard, but my noisy QTH may well be responsible. Weather unpredictable so did not risk /P where I can find reasonably quiet location. Did receive spots from VE, IT, OH, HA,and UD, so getting out but not the same as a QSO.

Colin M3WCK

On 29 Apr 2019, at 15:06, Steve Raas - N2JDQ - FN13DD <sjraas@...> wrote:

Worked 3 on 40m, all were QCX OPS,  AJ8S JIM,  KE4RG KEN & N3MNT BOB...thanks guys for calling in this morning!

Steve Raas
N2JDQ
FN13DD

Brian N7BKV

Great work, Steve1  I should have been able to work N3MNT.  Only 342 miles for me.  But from Rochester NY?  That is great!  I saw N3MNT spot at 7032, but I was staying close by 7030.  I should move around more, I guess.

Brian N
N7BKV

n4qa at_hotmail.com

Now, I have the stock QCX-17 all tuned up on 10116 kHz at 4 watts to the downspout.
Will also try again at 1900z.
72 / 73,
Bill, N4QA

Steve Raas - N2JDQ - FN13DD

I was cqing the whole time, 7032.5....started on 7033 but some one took that frequency so I moved down a bit. All hand keyed on my pcb board paddles...not the best situation, but its what I have at the moment.
Steve Raas
N2JDQ

Hans Summers

Hi all

Unfortunately, bad luck, the XYL had scheduled a visit from our bank manager and his colleague, and the timing was exactly 4pm local (1300Z) coinciding with the QSO party. I did work Tony IW2HTH, 2x QRP before the QSO party. I operated only on 20m. The bank manager was 20 minutes late, a good thing as it gave me a chance to work a couple of stations: Luc ON7DQ (QSO eventually lost in heavy QSB) and then Joop PA3JD, to whom I had to say a hurried goodbye as I heard the XYL, bank manager, and bank manager's colleague marching noisily up the stairs towards QRP Labs HQ!

Turns out the bank manager has taken an interest in Arduino programming recently, getting started with learning how to write to an LCD module shield. So we had an interesting chat about all that.

With any luck, I will have free hour at 1900Z and again at 0300Z without any interruptions. Looking forward to meeting some of you on 7030 later!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 5:36 PM Steve Raas - N2JDQ - FN13DD <sjraas@...> wrote:
I was cqing the whole time, 7032.5....started on 7033 but some one took that frequency so I moved down a bit. All hand keyed on my pcb board paddles...not the best situation, but its what I have at the moment.
Steve Raas
N2JDQ

R.Putnam

Hi Hans,
The 1900 session you were getting out OK. I heard you and gave you several   calls| TA4/G0UPL at 1905z  probably RST 429 so don't get disheartened!
I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the afternoon and evening session.
73
Richard G0ILN Fist 398

Steve Raas - N2JDQ - FN13DD

All in all I enjoyed the chance to get on and operate. I've always liked CW party's and contests,  and for me it was very tough to keep attentive with few callers. One thing I noticed was the time slots if I was still a working man, ide not be able to attend any of them. Perhaps a sat or Sunday would be better for more participants?
Some one had mentioned the use of calling CQ QC, and that it jumbled him up, and I couldn't agree more! I hand keyed everything so my rustyness showed at times hihi. I honestly don't want to wait an entire 4 weeks for another one, perhaps I'm over eager, but this summer there will be a lot of QRP contests running around I think. My next task is setting up a circuit to interface to the cw port to key the rig with N1MM, I have all the parts, but the laptop I wanted to use has decided to require a new hard drive. Anyways, thanks everyone for chiming in, and the qso's....and if your operating outside, and it's warm...be thankful. I couldn't feel my hands for a solid 20 minutes after I shut down yesterday hihi.
72/73
Steve Raas
N2JDQ
FN13DD

DG2FDD

Hi to all,

I'd like to inform you that I placed a short news notice about the QCX-QSO-Party in the CQ-DL, the German monthly hamradio magazine. Maybe that attracts some more operators to join in next month.

73 de Jens