Topics

Kit shipping

dkwflight

The tracking number only shows the status in Turkey.
It showed the kit was forwarded to the destination country on April 10.  I have to be patient.
Thanks
Dennis

Hans Summers

Hi Dennis

The tracking will (in most countries) also be updated in the destination country, once it clears customs. There can be a variable delay for that to happen. See also the information on http://qrp-labs.com/shipping and http://qrp-labs.com/faq#stuck

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019, 16:31 dkwflight <dkwflight@...> wrote:
The tracking number only shows the status in Turkey.
It showed the kit was forwarded to the destination country on April 10.  I have to be patient.
Thanks
Dennis

geoff M0ORE

Hi Dennis,

Don't know which part of the world you are in but looking at your time of posting, I think you maybe a few degrees east of Turkey.

Here in the UK, the kits I have purchased show item leaving Turkey and then arriving at UK customs at the Royal Mail  warehouse at Heathrow then nothing until the package drops through the letter box. This can take several days just in the UK.

On 14/04/2019 14:41, Hans Summers wrote:
Hi Dennis

The tracking will (in most countries) also be updated in the destination country, once it clears customs. There can be a variable delay for that to happen. See also the information on http://qrp-labs.com/shipping and http://qrp-labs.com/faq#stuck

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019, 16:31 dkwflight <dkwflight@...> wrote:
The tracking number only shows the status in Turkey.
It showed the kit was forwarded to the destination country on April 10.  I have to be patient.
Thanks
Dennis

Hans Summers

Yes unfortunately standard international package tracking in UK isn't very good compared to nearly every other country. But the packages will still arrive just fine, be patient for them sometimes!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019, 17:34 geoff M0ORE via Groups.Io <m0ore=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

I have a couple of kits coming here in the Great Lakes region USA. I see the kits left Turkey a while back and nothing beyond that. I just have to wait. Not everything carries "instant gratification". It took me 72 years to order the kits. A few more days one way or the other will not matter at all.

73,

Bill KU8H

http://qrp-labs.com

--
bark less - wag more

Mike Strelitzer <mstrelitzer@...>

I'm in SE Wisconsin, near Milwaukee, and mine took 17 days, if I remember correctly. Just a frame of reference for those wondering.
73
Mike

--
bark less - wag more

Jim - W7EZN

I live in western Oregon (Eugene) and shipping takes about 18 days.   The product is well worth the patience...:)
--
Jim, KJ7EZN    73!

N3MNT

On my orders, once they left Turkey there was a period of tracking silence until the reached  customs.

n4qa at_hotmail.com

You think that *you guys* have a shipping story !

I ordered one each QCX-80 & QCX-17 back around the autumn of 2017.
At that time, they were kitted in Japan.
As I recall, delivery time was about three weeks.

I dragged my feet for several weeks after delivery...
After a heart attack and a stroke, followed by triple bypass surgery, the 'Small Packet' from Japan sat, unopened, on a workbench for a year and a half...
But, don't worry, I'm back in great shape now !

eh? What's that, Dear? Oh, please excuse me for a few moments, fellas...

The wife had me join her to finishing watching 'Just like Heaven', starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo...nice flick !
Ok, I'm back.

Martha asked me in '17 if I'd let her keep those Japanese stamps..."Of course", I replied.

So, anyway, fast forward to Spring 2017.
I met my new ham friend, Bill, AF4YF from Patrick County, Virginia on 80 CW a few months ago.
Soon thereafter, Bill & I had lunch together and I invited him to our home to see my stuff...
At some point, I said to Bill "Have I got a deal for you !".
So, I told Bill that the QCX-80 kit was his, provided that he would build the QCX-17 for me.
He agreed!

Oh, yeah, a couple of months ago, I ordered an assembled QCX-80 from Hans' outfit in Turkey.
That order also took a couple of weeks to arrive...WELL worth the wait!
Once again, Martha gets the stamps, this time, from Turkey.

And, the rest, as they say, is history !

72 / 73,
Bill, N4QA

n4qa at_hotmail.com

OOPS!
That one paragraph should has started "So, anyway, fast forward to Spring 2019." not 2017...
ahem...

72 / 73,
Bill, N4QA

danielu@upcnet.ro danielu@upcnet.ro

Dear Hans,
    Could you consider sending packages via a courier like DHL or TNT?
It is true that there would be higher costs for buyers, but parcels would be fast and very important without loss. I have asked  here in Romania at  TNT, DHL and many others and  without a continuity contract any package to be picked up from Turkey cost at least 80Euro without VAT. Assuming that they are called locally from Turkey and not through intermediaries as is my case the costs would probably be below 40- 50Euro excluding VAT.

joe price

 I received my QCX kit it a couple of weeks which I ordered on 3-16. But the extra QCX programmed ATMEL chip which was ordered on 3-18  hasn't left Turkey
or shown any movement since 3-22

Joe

Hans Summers

I have explained this on http://qrp-labs.com/shipping and http://qrp-labs.com/faq#stuck

The shipments leave Turkey and the last event in the tracking indicates that it left Istanbul.

Thereafter, in most cases there are no further tracking events until the package clears customs in the destination country. The amount of time required for that can be very variable. Depending mostly on the workload of customs.

DHL, TNT, FedEx etc would indeed cost upwards of 50 euros ($60) and I cannot see that it can be worthwhile paying that amount of shipping, for kits which generally cost less than this.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:38 PM joe price <joeprice@...> wrote:
 I received my QCX kit it a couple of weeks which I ordered on 3-16. But the extra QCX programmed ATMEL chip which was ordered on 3-18  hasn't left Turkey
or shown any movement since 3-22

Joe

Don--AE4DW

I've done a fair amount of international ordering, and I do see it vary widely from country to country. This is my first time with a shipment from Turkey, and I'd put them on the slower end of the scale, last update I show is on 4-8 where the origin post is preparing to dispatch the mail piece. Experience has been that its possibly already left Turkey, next update will be on the US side when received.

In contrast, i just placed an order with a Swedish supplier, standard post, and 2 days later, it is already in the US.

I think its a high compliment to Hans and his products that we're all waiting at the front door hoping today is the day the postman brings us our goodies, lol.

Bill Cromwell

Heh,

We already know when Christmas. We get the excitement of anticipation with these deliveries. I think I saw a shadow move...maybe my shipment getting close :)

73,

Bill KU8H

On 4/16/19 10:39 AM, dwinflorida@... wrote:
I've done a fair amount of international ordering, and I do see it vary widely from country to country. This is my first time with a shipment from Turkey, and I'd put them on the slower end of the scale, last update I show is on 4-8 where the origin post is preparing to dispatch the mail piece. Experience has been that its possibly already left Turkey, next update will be on the US side when received.
In contrast, i just placed an order with a Swedish supplier, standard post, and 2 days later, it is already in the US.
I think its a high compliment to Hans and his products that we're all waiting at the front door hoping today is the day the postman brings us our goodies, lol.
--
bark less - wag more

Don--AE4DW

My "Christmas in April" goodie box is now in Florida!! I expect I'll see it likely tomorrow, worst case Saturday.

Few datapoints:

Time from original dropoff at postal facility to departing Turkey: 6 days

Time from departing Turkey to arrving in Jamaica, NY: 15 days (though, felt like 150, lol)

Transport thru US, NY to FL and my doorstep: 3-4 days (dependent on if I get it tomorrow or Saturday)

@Hans...I assume you still would benefit from getting a pic of the shipping label, as mentioned in a separate thread? If so, will email it direct.

Hans Summers

Thanks Don

I don't need the photographs of the packaging anymore

73 Hans G0UPL

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019, 23:18 Don W <dwinflorida@...> wrote:

My "Christmas in April" goodie box is now in Florida!! I expect I'll see it likely tomorrow, worst case Saturday.

Few datapoints:

Time from original dropoff at postal facility to departing Turkey: 6 days

Time from departing Turkey to arrving in Jamaica, NY: 15 days (though, felt like 150, lol)

Transport thru US, NY to FL and my doorstep: 3-4 days (dependent on if I get it tomorrow or Saturday)

@Hans...I assume you still would benefit from getting a pic of the shipping label, as mentioned in a separate thread? If so, will email it direct.

Tisha Hayes

US3 with case,shipping update;

Order on 2 May '20
Electronics and components shipping from Hans in Turkey was less than a week
The case, coming out of China, arrived 10 July '20

So, for what Hans can control, the shipping is quick.
When Hans is dependent upon a third party to ship aluminum cases it can take months.

--
Tisha Hayes, AA4HA

KI7MWA

Hans' control ends when he drops your shipment off at the local collection point.  My U3S case arrived more than a week before the kit.  My most recent purchase has been languishing in US customs for 5 days now.