Topics

Anyone using GPS + connected to U3S PCB header + Internal case ?

Andy G0FTD <punkbiscuit@...>

Folks, I wn't bore you with details but I have one simple question.

Is anyone using a GPS module, which is connected to the U3S provided 5v supply
for the GPS and maybe housed in the U3S box ?

(The most important part of this is really using the on board output for a GPS module),

73 de Andy

m0bmn

Hi Andy

Yes I have my U3S and GPS connected together with 4 wires 5v,gnd,data,1pps.

All running fine, the gps is now in a plastic box by the side of the u3s with a 1m lead between them.

73

Paul M0BMN

From: <QRPLabs@groups.io> on behalf of "Andy G0FTD via Groups.Io" <punkbiscuit@...>
Date: Sunday, 10 February 2019 at 16:49
To: <QRPLabs@groups.io>
Subject: [QRPLabs] Anyone using GPS + connected to U3S PCB header + Internal case ?

Folks, I wn't bore you with details but I have one simple question.

Is anyone using a GPS module, which is connected to the U3S provided 5v supply
for the GPS and maybe housed in the U3S box ?

(The most important part of this is really using the on board output for a GPS module),

73 de Andy

M0RON

Hi Andy,
U3s connected to qlg1 and 3 voltage regulators underneath the gps board.
Since photo was taken all wiring tidied up, oven controlled crystal oscillator and relay board fitted into stock qrp labs case.
External antenna goes through a hole in back panel with grommet fitted.
Andy
--
The universe is made up of Protons, Neutrons, Electrons but contains only one M0RON.

BrianB

Yes and it works just fine on U3S and Clock kit. Here is a picture of the clock setup.

Andy G0FTD <punkbiscuit@...>

Thanks Brian.
73 de Andy