Topics

clicky side tone

Braden Glett

My QCX works great (several nice QSOs just today) but it has always clicked rather than producing a side tone. It is a little annoying- there a fix for this?
Brady kd8zm

Braden Glett

Any comments at all on this? Apparently I must be the only one who has had this issue, or else it's a real stumper to fix it?

David

Hi Braden, this is something I have been fortunate not to have had any problems with but just do a search on 'clicky sidetone'. You are not the only one.
73 dave M3PMG

Charles W. Powell

Braden,

There is a whole section in the archives about the clicking sidetone.  If I’m not mistaken this was a problem on Rev 1 & 2 boards; I know it was corrected by Rev 4.

The fix is to remove C21 & C22 and replace them with ceramic disc caps.  I *think* the value was 0.1 mfd but I’d check the prior posts regarding C21/C22.

73,

Charles - NK8O

On Feb 11, 2019, at 9:00 AM, Braden Glett <bradenglett@...> wrote:

Any comments at all on this? Apparently I must be the only one who has had this issue, or else it's a real stumper to fix it?

ajparent1/KB1GMX

Braden Glett,

You have a solder whisker or maybe a bad joint in or about R59.  Or R59 is defective (open).

My new V4 does not click and has a good sidetone.

Allison

Braden Glett

According to others' comments above, V4 did not have this problem because QRP Labs had corrected their design flaw with C21 and C22. Thanks!