U3S Case front panel push buttons

Brian Summers

Mouser list a switch 629-GPB023B05BR which looks like it will fit the same diameter hole. Probably much better quality I would think.

Brian VE7JKZ

On 12/6/2018 9:44 AM, Alan de G1FXB via Groups.Io wrote:
To prevent excess heat reaching the switch body, clamp a haemostat* between the switch and the tag.
*A pair of needle nose or pointed pliers held shut with an elastic band is a good substitute.

Alan
On 06/12/2018 17:02, Curt M. wrote:
I'm sure there's probably something else out there but it seems like the key with those switches is not put too much heat on the terminals when you solder the wires in place.  They seem to act very similar to relay contacts when you put too much current across them.  We used to always say that the contacts were "gulled", not sure if that is the correct spelling or even the correct term but that's what we used to say where I worked a number of years ago.

When I solder those terminals I quickly push and release the button multiple times as soon and I pull the soldering iron tip away.  There were times a while back that the button would stick on the in position and it was from too much heat.  Now they seem to hold up better with a lighter touch with iron but those switches are not good quality right out of the gate so I know what you are saying.

Alan de G1FXB

[...]

Curt M.

I'm sure there's probably something else out there but it seems like the key with those switches is not put too much heat on the terminals when you solder the wires in place.  They seem to act very similar to relay contacts when you put too much current across them.  We used to always say that the contacts were "gulled", not sure if that is the correct spelling or even the correct term but that's what we used to say where I worked a number of years ago.

When I solder those terminals I quickly push and release the button multiple times as soon and I pull the soldering iron tip away.  There were times a while back that the button would stick on the in position and it was from too much heat.  Now they seem to hold up better with a lighter touch with iron but those switches are not good quality right out of the gate so I know what you are saying.

Vernon Matheson

Hi all,

Has anyone found a better quality push button . I replaced the original with ones from Ebay…same type and they have not lasted that long. Get loose inside and start skipping and double clicking etc.

Vernon