Topics

2nd VHF Super Confernece: Call for Papers/Presentations #antenna #vhf #uhf

Michael N6MST

Didn't feel like showing everyone what a jerk you are, Andy? Nice job, fella.

Jerry Gaffke

Wow.
Somebody needs to find a hobby.
And stop "wasting bandwidth" with inane arguments.
I'm done with this thread, will now ignore it.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 11:58 PM, Andy G0FTD wrote:
When a post can be construed as not *obviously* relevant, it's polite to add a rider as to how to
it might be. Others are capable of doing it. In this case a mention of U3S owners, who might have
used their rigs for something interesting to talk about at the conference wouldn't go amiss.

And then to cap it all, all the post generates is screamingly obvious unrelated QRP Labs posts.

Stop wasting peoples bandwidth with this abuse.

There's far too much of it these days, what with people trying to sell old Ten Tec rigs, broken
Pixe rigs and other stuff.

QRP Labs groups should a a space for QRP Labs products, NOT a generic space for anything QRP related.

There are plenty of other groups for that.

Michael N6MST

I don't know any of the people who posted in this thread, I don't have any interest in VHF whatsoever, and I don't have any interest in communicating further with a bully like you. See ya, pal.

Not one of those posts have attempted to / or made ANY reference to QRP Labs products, issues, usage or improvements.
The evidence  is plain to see.
Why are you attempting to argue for it's continuation ?
Or are you here just to justify your friends behaviour ?

Michael N6MST

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 11:58 PM, Andy G0FTD wrote:
Stop wasting peoples bandwidth
Nobody's bandwidth is being wasted, you just don't like what someone else is doing for whatever reason. To complain about people talking about reasonably related topics and then criticize them for "wasting peoples bandwidth" is disingenuous at best. Spin the dial...

When a post can be construed as not *obviously* relevant, it's polite to add a rider as to how to
it might be. Others are capable of doing it. In this case a mention of U3S owners, who might have
used their rigs for something interesting to talk about at the conference wouldn't go amiss.

And then to cap it all, all the post generates is screamingly obvious unrelated QRP Labs posts.

Stop wasting peoples bandwidth with this abuse.

There's far too much of it these days, what with people trying to sell old Ten Tec rigs, broken
Pixe rigs and other stuff.

QRP Labs groups should a a space for QRP Labs products, NOT a generic space for anything QRP related.

There are plenty of other groups for that.

Michael N6MST

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 06:04 PM, Andy G0FTD wrote:
What has this got to do with QRP Labs kits ?
Straight from the group description: "This group is for QRP Labs products owners and constructors."

As the Ultimate3S does VHF, there are possibly (I'd say likely) members who are very interested in this topic. There is nothing in this group that prohibits discussing VHF.

What has this got to do with QRP Labs kits ?

ajparent1/KB1GMX

Mike,

I've done the PTT and even converted one for another band its fairly easy.
Its hard to find one to convert.

Allison

Robin Midgett

deadline for papers: March 18th
submissions and questions to:
conferencepapers@...

Call for Papers and Presentations for the second VHF Super Conference, April 26-28, 2019, in Sterling, VA, near Washington, DC.
The the second Super VHF Conference is jointly sponsored by Packrats, NEWS Group, and SVHFS, and Hosted by the Grid Pirates Contest Group and Directive Systems and Engineering

details at http://vhfsuperconference.com/

Presentations or papers are welcome on VHF, UHF, microwaves, and higher.  All aspects welcome, technical and non-technical - operating, contesting, homebrewing, roving, software, EME, surplus, antennas, test equipment, amplifiers, SDR, 47 GHz superregen, whatever.  Your winter project might be a good candidate - take some pictures.

N2CEI and W1GHZ will be coordinating the proceedings book and CD.

submissions and questions to:
conferencepapers@...

Robin Midgett K4IDC

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 12:51 PM Robin Midgett <K4IDC@...> wrote:

Call for Papers and Presentations for the second Super VHF Conference, April 26-28, 2019, in Sterling, VA, near Washington, DC.

The the second Super VHF Conference is jointly sponsored by Packrats, NEWS Group, and SVHFS, and Hosted by the Grid Pirates Contest Group and Directive Systems and Engineering

details at http://vhfsuperconference.com/

Presentations or papers are welcome on VHF, UHF, microwaves, and higher.  All aspects welcome, technical and non-technical - operating, contesting, homebrewing, roving, software, EME, surplus, antennas, test equipment, amplifiers, SDR, 47 GHz superregen, whatever.  Your winter project might be a good candidate - take some pictures.

N2CEI and W1GHZ will be coordinating the proceedings book and CD.

submissions and questions to:

conferencepapers@...

Mike Downing KC0Y

Robin. Paul Wade asked me to submit a paper. I am working on it now. A Simple Way to Convert a Ten Tec 1208 XVTR to 28 Mhz and PTT mod. I told Paul that I will have it done by Dec 15th. Very busy.
My USB adapter cable should arrive today.
Dental appt today.
Mike KC0Y