Topics

Assembly manual for VFO/SigGen kit QCU Rev 4 #vfo

Bruce K1FFX

I'm about to start construction of the VFO/SigGen HF Sinewave Set, of which one component is the VFO/SigGen kit.  The PCB is marked QCU Rev 4.  The URL to download its assembly manual includes QCU Rev 4 in its title.  However, when I open the PDF, its big red letters up top say  Rev 1 or Rev 3.  I'm assuming it's just an editing oversight, but I wanted to make sure there isn't a Rev 4 assembly manual out there, before I heat up the soldering iron.

Also wondering if there is an implied or recommended order for assembling the various modules that comprise the set.

Thanks for any info.

Bruce K1FFX

Hans Summers

Hi Bruce

The changes to the PCB for Rev 4 were inconsequential, there is no separate Rev 4 manual... use the Rev 3 one...

My suggestion build the VFO board first and the Synth board, and get it working... then worry about adding the relay board and 6 LPFs according to the App Note AN006 at http://qrp-labs.com/appnotes

73 Hans G0UPL