Topics

Feature request: VFO/Sig Gen #vfo

Brian Machesney

If possible, it would be very convenient if the Config Menu would return to the last entry that was edited every time the Config Menu is accessed. I suspect that, like me, most users edit the same parameters time after time. Having to dial into the middle of the very comprehensive but rather long list of menu items is quite time consuming when using the VFO/Sig Gen to experiment with various Clk combinations.

Mike

I am happy to second this request, if its possible, Hans. on all product
menu's.
I, for one, adjust one parameter at a time until its right, then move to the
next adjustment. having to repeatedly scroll through the menu options is ..
how shall I say this.... mildly aggravating. ( not my first word choice HI )
73 Mike

On 31 Jul 2018 at 15:13, Brian Machesney wrote:

If possible, it would be very convenient if the Config Menu would return to
the last entry that was edited every time the Config Menu is accessed. I
suspect that, like me, most users edit the same parameters time after time.
Having to dial into the middle of the very comprehensive but rather long list
of menu items is quite time consuming when using the VFO/Sig Gen to
experiment with various Clk combinations.

Hans Summers

Hi Mike, Brian

I think that would be a useful feature on the VFO/SigGen kit. The VFO/SigGen kit has the rotary encoder which lets you move through the menu in both directions, and the button that lets you leave the menu system at any time. So it would be easy to make it remember which menu item you were in and come back to the same place.

I think it would be impossible on the Clock and the Ultimate3S because they have a more minimalist user interface, without the rotary encoder - that means you can only scroll through the menu system using the left button, and you can only leave the menu system at the end. There isn't an easy way to see how it would be possible to implement this request, on a 2-button-only system...

73 Hans G0UPL