QCX firmware empty #qcx #firmware

Kārlis Goba

Hi,

I have just received my QCX (20m), and already assembled myself. The kit came with an AVR with a sticker 'T1.00e' on it.

However, after turning it on, it showed the dreaded one filled line (uninitialized LCD). Checking the contents of AVR via ISP, I saw an empty FLASH and empty EEPROM, and also the fuses seemed to be at the defaults (20MHz clock was not working). I fixed the fuses according to suggestion here (ext: FC, high: D1, low: F7), and at least the clock is now running.

I flashed the QCX flash .hex file, but as expected, now it shows "Use original IC". As I understand, it is caused by the empty EEPROM. Reading through the forum, I guess I should contact Hans directly, am I right?

Kind regards,
Karlis

Hans Summers

Hi Karlis

I'm sorry, I don't know how that happened - somehow you must have been sent a blank AVR chip.

I will contact you off-list now.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 9:46 AM Kārlis Goba <karlis.goba@...> wrote:
Hi,

I have just received my QCX (20m), and already assembled myself. The kit came with an AVR with a sticker 'T1.00e' on it.

However, after turning it on, it showed the dreaded one filled line (uninitialized LCD). Checking the contents of AVR via ISP, I saw an empty FLASH and empty EEPROM, and also the fuses seemed to be at the defaults (20MHz clock was not working). I fixed the fuses according to suggestion here (ext: FC, high: D1, low: F7), and at least the clock is now running.

I flashed the QCX flash .hex file, but as expected, now it shows "Use original IC". As I understand, it is caused by the empty EEPROM. Reading through the forum, I guess I should contact Hans directly, am I right?

Kind regards,
Karlis

VE7JWS

The operation of the 20.000 mHz filter on my rig was confirmed to be working as monitored as per a Xiegu X5105 monitoring about a foot away from my QCX. I haven't found any other faults that would cause the same "single line of blocks" problem. Any chance I need to swap my chip because it's also not configured ??

John VE7JWS